Nelson Mandela RIP

ban-mcfc said:
mrcunny said:
ban-mcfc said:
I don't like Al-Qaeda so I'm going to murder a load of brown people but in 30 years when I get released, I'll come out and preach peace.

Sounds legit.

If thats the case those dribbles of pre cum that killed lee rigby will be hereos then...hmmm food for thought eh

Exactly.

Murder is murder.

He was never convicted of murder.

johnmc said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
johnmc said:
After which he preached peace. No one is saying he is an angel. He admits his sins. But he sought to right his wrongs more than you could ever expect him to do.

How exactly can murder be 'righted'?

Ok. So should anyone who murders should not be given a chance to rehabilitate ever. So if you murder at say 18 then at 50 you can't be a different person with different views. No one is saying he is a saint by any means. You are obviously of the opinion a murderer should serve the rest of their lives in prison (or you believe in capital punishment). That's your opinion and I obviously respect that. I don't agree with it though. (Mandela was never convicted of murder anyway)

How many murders do you think Mandelas actions after being released prevented? It takes a strong person in my eyes to have one view, then totally turn on that and preach the opposite to the extent he did.

Thanks for respecting my opinion. I respect yours too. In my view if someone commits murder they should lose their right to live. But some things aren't murder (eg if a father kills the person who raped and murdered his daughter I wouldn't call that murder, I would call it justice). It all boils down to 'were Mandela's killings justified?'

BawOgWPCEAA-uIb.png

ban-mcfc said:
mrcunny said:
ban-mcfc said:
I don't like Al-Qaeda so I'm going to murder a load of brown people but in 30 years when I get released, I'll come out and preach peace.

Sounds legit.

If thats the case those dribbles of pre cum that killed lee rigby will be hereos then...hmmm food for thought eh

Exactly.

Murder is murder.

So, by your logic the British government and armed forces were murderers too when they attacked the city of Dresden, killing 20,000 people. Or was that ok because they were fighting a nasty man?

dan.j.mcfc said:
Here's a question for all you people who have a dislike of Mandela, why post in a remembrance thread about him?

Some seriously strange people on here, if you dislike him that much, start your own thread and hurl your abuse in there.

The phrase "get a life" applies to quite a few on here.
Indeed. What makes it even stranger is that the numerous white South Africans I know hold him in the very highest esteem. If they can see beyond his questionable past why can't the people on here whose lives weren't touched by him in any way do the same?

Attention seeking springs to mind, because this attitude only seems to exist on here. And it's pathetic in the extreme.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.