Nemanja Matic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andouble said:
I feel like Chelsea spending 25mil on someone they used to have for free would be like us going back and doing so with Sturridge. It's a big mistake to admit, guess it depends how proud they are.

Doesn't he have a 40m buyout? Doubt they will sell him for that cheap when just last summer they refused to take anything less than his buyout clause.

This is by a well known Portuguese journalist

@_GoncaloLopes 10m
About Matic,Benfica keen on selling this january. Out of the Champions, they need money. 30m€ is his value. @MCFC @chelseafc @ASMFC_MONACO

SrilankanBlue said:

@_GoncaloLopes 10m
About Matic,Benfica keen on selling this january. Out of the Champions, they need money. 30m€ is his value. @MCFC @chelseafc @ASMFC_MONACO

Was just getting ready to post that

Can I ask a question though, what role are we looking for him to play? Obviously he'd be in a midfield 2 possibly 3 but everything I think I've read is that he's more of an offensive CM and isn't defensive minded. So whole this is good and all it doesn't really solve our problem of Fernandinho playing too much. Maybe I'm off base here I dunno

cmdub said:
SrilankanBlue said:

@_GoncaloLopes 10m

Was just getting ready to post that

Can I ask a question though, what role are we looking for him to play? Obviously he'd be in a midfield 2 possibly 3 but everything I think I've read is that he's more of an offensive CM and isn't defensive minded. So whole this is good and all it doesn't really solve our problem of Fernandinho playing too much. Maybe I'm off base here I dunno

He has been converted to a DM this season from what I've read mate and apparently fulfilling the role with aplomb, has a good passing range too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU1dmrdhDLc[/youtube]

Do Chelsea have any other options? Sounds like Guarin is dead in the water now.. Surely the club doesn't think seeing through the league, CL, league cup and FA Cup with Garcia as our first choice backup is a good idea? With the added bonus of hampering Chelsea strengthening..

adrianr said:
Do Chelsea have any other options? Sounds like Guarin is dead in the water now.. Surely the club doesn't think seeing through the league, CL, league cup and FA Cup with Garcia as our first choice backup is a good idea? With the added bonus of hampering Chelsea strengthening..

Agreed. I'm a little surprised we aren't hearing more.

At least at CB, we have bodies if not quality in depth. We've been lucky that despite being injury plagued, our midfield has been healthy.

@PortuBall 10m
Matic was close to joining Man United in the summer, but Ferguson was the one who wanted him. Moyes not interested. [Diário de Notícias]

Football genius!

SrilankanBlue said:
@PortuBall 10m
Matic was close to joining Man United in the summer, but Ferguson was the one who wanted him. Moyes not interested. [Diário de Notícias]

Football genius!
Also reiterated that because of the economy benefica want to sell. Guess it depends on our interest and the price and how serious monaco/Chelsea are.

He did exactly the same with Garay, who Fergie all but signed, then Moyes vetoed it when he took over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.