Nemanja Matic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, I've never heard it mentioned. If they weren't such a half arsed club then they really should of put a buy back clause in, but I don't think they put much thought into getting rid of him at all. They wanted Luiz so did whatever Benfica asked to get him (at least that's the way it seemed)

I have only watched him two or three times. Based on what I have watched he is technically good but appears slow. In terms of Portugese based players, I much prefer Fernando. However, he may not be available so that could be a moot point anyway.

Appears to favour his left foot. This could work to our advantage as YaYa and Fernandinho favour their right.

We certainly need someone who can tackle, pass and is mobile. For me the loss of Fernandinho would be a greater loss than YaYa but of course would prefer neither to be out at all.

Who would Matic be likened to? YaYa or Fernandinho?

Just saw this on Twitter. :)

Tom Kundert ‏@Portu_Goal 51s
Matic subbed off. Serbian back to his very best. Played as if he was aware he was being scouted by Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd...

Earlier:

Tom Kundert ‏@Portu_Goal 53m
Superb counterattack by Benfica, brilliant pass by Matic set Gaitán sprinting free, squares for easy finish for Rodrigo.

Aye he played pretty well, but Benfica scored after about 2 minutes, which tends to destroy the oppositions game plan. They ran riot by the end, Matic was excellent as usual, but it wasn't a hard game

I feel like Chelsea spending 25mil on someone they used to have for free would be like us going back and doing so with Sturridge. It's a big mistake to admit, guess it depends how proud they are.

Apparently Guarin not going anywhere this January so I think that would hurt our chances in landing this player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.