Nemanja Matic

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
LoveCity said:
If we don't sign him, it seems likely that Chelsea will. PSG and United also linked with him a bit.

how many midfielders do PSG want? if they get Matic then surely Matuidi would be on his way?

Possibly... if he doesn't sign a new contract in the next couple of weeks, he is a goner for sure with only 6 months left on his deal. PSG seem to be pursuing a new midfielder, also been linked with Pogba, Cabaye and Nainggolan.
We should be going after Veratti and Matuidi if this is true.

LoveCity said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
LoveCity said:
If we don't sign him, it seems likely that Chelsea will. PSG and United also linked with him a bit.

how many midfielders do PSG want? if they get Matic then surely Matuidi would be on his way?

Possibly... if he doesn't sign a new contract in the next couple of weeks, he is a goner for sure with only 6 months left on his deal. PSG seem to be pursuing a new midfielder, also been linked with Pogba, Cabaye and Nainggolan.

can we nab Verratti off them? ;).

I've never seen him play CB, nor do I think he'd be much good there. Yes, he is tall, but he's a CM who has been converted to a holding midfielder in his 20's, he's not a natural defender at all. (also, you'd lose a lot of his best attributes by playing him there) He might be able to do a job there in an emergency, like Yaya did for Barca in the CL, but I wouldn't play him there unless there was literally no other options. Given how quickly he picked up the holding midfield role, you might be able to teach him to play CB, but I think that would be a complete waste of his talents if I'm honest.

BigOscar said:
I've never seen him play CB, nor do I think he'd be much good there. Yes, he is tall, but he's a CM who has been converted to a holding midfielder in his 20's, he's not a natural defender at all. (also, you'd lose a lot of his best attributes by playing him there) He might be able to do a job there in an emergency, like Yaya did for Barca in the CL, but I wouldn't play him there unless there was literally no other options. Given how quickly he picked up the holding midfield role, you might be able to teach him to play CB, but I think that would be a complete waste of his talents if I'm honest.

We already have Demichelis and Nastasic to play that role, but we lack cover/competition for Toure and Fernandinho. If Matic could drop back and cover at centre half when called upon, much in the way Garcia very occasionally does, then that would cover all our needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.