Netherlands v Argentina - Fri 9th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would argue with that. I think he did as well as any referee could have done in the most trying of circumstances. It amuses me that you have two squads of players ( and I use the word ‘squads’ intentionally, rather than teams) behaving like a bunch of spoilt children at every opportunity and it’s the referee whose lost control? How about putting the blame on the players for their own behaviour rather than the referee? He tried to keep them in check by dishing out yellow cards but they carried on regardless. He worked miracles to keep 22 players on that pitch. If he’d dished out one red card, he’d have left himself no option but to use that as the yardstick and it would have ended up seven a side. And if that had happened, I wonder who would have got the blame for ruining the game?
It's not a coincidence that anyone that knows Lahoz, hates him as a ref. Players only got to that point because of the way the ref managed the game. In the first half, when nothing was happening between the sides, he was the one getting everybody nervous with his constant attention seeking. Just an overall awaful job at game management.

He committed multiple fouls after the unpunished booking. If he is to win the World Cup, he and they should do it under their own steam, not with the officials manufacturing it.
Which Messi foul do you think deserved a booking? Also, as it was already mentioned, had he gotten that handball yellow, he would have probably been more careful afterwards.

If an official really wants to "manufacture" a Messi win, they don't give 17 minutes of added time, between the two halves, when there was no VAR stoppage and not all substitutions were made.

very unsporting by the Argentina's and even the keeper winding up the pen takers was a dirty trick
But they have Messi and sometimes all it takes is that little magic, but we all know Fifa will do everything possible to make it a Ronaldo vs Messi final.

Fifa, want the biggest final ever, we all know the power of football can make it happen
Fifa wanted Brazil v France, the biggest final by far

Which Messi foul do you think deserved a booking? Also, as it was already mentioned, had he gotten that handball yellow, he would have probably been more careful afterwards.

If an official really wants to "manufacture" a Messi win, they don't give 17 minutes of added time, between the two halves, when there was no VAR stoppage and not all substitutions were made.
Probably being the operative word. He committed four fouls after the handball so could have been booked for persistent fouling. The lengthy delays between goals scored, for both teams, and restarts presumably account for a large amount of the stoppage time.

Probably being the operative word. He committed four fouls after the handball so could have been booked for persistent fouling. The lengthy delays between goals scored, for both teams, and restarts presumably account for a large amount of the stoppage time.
On this WC, I think I saw 10 minutes of added time in only one match. But that had several VAR stoppages and a couple more injury breaks. Even by this WC's standards, 17 minutes of added time between both halves was unwarranted on yesterday's match, in my opinion.

Congratulations on Lahoz's man of the match performance. The star of the show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.