Netherlands v Argentina - Fri 9th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The ref was poor...again. I don't think anybody would argue that. But the two teams didn't help matters themselves with their diving and fouling: every time I glanced at the screen (I was busy reading an excellent article about the recording of Blondie's 'Heart of Glass,') there was at least one player rolling around on the ground, feigning injury, clutching his ankle as if Ladyboy's ego had fallen on it from a great height.

As somebody has already stated the ref lost control of the game. We have history with this man and FIFA should haul him over the coals for his performance last night.
A World Cup quarter final watched by millions and millions of people the world over and this man is put in charge?

The ref was poor...again. I don't think anybody would argue that. But the two teams didn't help matters themselves with their diving and fouling: every time I glanced at the screen (I was busy reading an excellent article about the recording of Blondie's 'Heart of Glass,')
Did you notice that the pitch had parallel lines?

The ref was poor...again. I don't think anybody would argue that. But the two teams didn't help matters themselves with their diving and fouling: every time I glanced at the screen (I was busy reading an excellent article about the recording of Blondie's 'Heart of Glass,') there was at least one player rolling around on the ground, feigning injury, clutching his ankle as if Ladyboy's ego had fallen on it from a great height.

As somebody has already stated the ref lost control of the game. We have history with this man and FIFA should haul him over the coals for his performance last night.
A World Cup quarter final watched by millions and millions of people the world over and this man is put in charge?

I would argue with that. I think he did as well as any referee could have done in the most trying of circumstances. It amuses me that you have two squads of players ( and I use the word ‘squads’ intentionally, rather than teams) behaving like a bunch of spoilt children at every opportunity and it’s the referee whose lost control? How about putting the blame on the players for their own behaviour rather than the referee? He tried to keep them in check by dishing out yellow cards but they carried on regardless. He worked miracles to keep 22 players on that pitch. If he’d dished out one red card, he’d have left himself no option but to use that as the yardstick and it would have ended up seven a side. And if that had happened, I wonder who would have got the blame for ruining the game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.