Netherlands v Argentina - Fri 9th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cheating Argie cunts,probably only our lad who didn't.

Can't believe how few are saying this! They are such a cuntish team. Why people want them to win anything after 86 I do not know. They deserve to rot. The lads who play for City are fine when they're playing for us, but they seem to have no rules as an international side. Win at all costs and regardless of the rules. Hope England cna get to the final and have our revenge against them.

Fuck the Dutch & their lump it hoofball, Cruyff will be turning in his grave.
They got exactly what they deserved
Absolutely. And the NL sympathetic coverage of the Argentinian shoot-out reaction misses the prior goading from the Dutch as the last fella set-off to take what would be the winning spot kick.

But I did love Van Dijk wiping-out that Argentinian who booted the ball into the dugout - brilliant.

Cracking game, including all of the shenanigans. This is football.

Absolutely. And the NL sympathetic coverage of the Argentinian shoot-out reaction misses the prior goading from the Dutch as the last fella set-off to take what would be the winning spot kick.

But I did love Van Dijk wiping-out that Argentinian who booted the ball into the dugout - brilliant.

Cracking game, including all of the shenanigans. This is football.
I was made up the best defender in the history of the universe got sent packing the daft ****.

Theres videos of the touch players (probably dumfries as he was booked during it) going up to the Argentine players when they were about to walk up to the spot.

Perfectly reasonable for them to give it back them when they won.
The Dutch bench were getting involved all through the second half. No need for it.
Did themselves no favours.

He committed multiple fouls after the unpunished booking. If he is to win the World Cup, he and they should do it under their own steam, not with the officials manufacturing it.
The ref was pretty consistent on that score, Timber committed at least two bookable fouls while already on a yellow and was equally lucky not to walk.

The Dutch were hardly innocent in all the incidents last night. Anyway, a few flare-ups liven up any game.

I would argue with that. I think he did as well as any referee could have done in the most trying of circumstances. It amuses me that you have two squads of players ( and I use the word ‘squads’ intentionally, rather than teams) behaving like a bunch of spoilt children at every opportunity and it’s the referee whose lost control? How about putting the blame on the players for their own behaviour rather than the referee? He tried to keep them in check by dishing out yellow cards but they carried on regardless. He worked miracles to keep 22 players on that pitch. If he’d dished out one red card, he’d have left himself no option but to use that as the yardstick and it would have ended up seven a side. And if that had happened, I wonder who would have got the blame for ruining the game?
I’m not blaming the ref for the debacle caused by both teams, but I don’t agree with your yardstick for measuring what a ref can do in these circumstances.
The ref is there to apply the rules of the game fairly and consistently. He didn’t do that, and he was the accelerant for the decent into chaos.

The key moment for most that watched was Messi not getting a yellow for deliberate handball five minutes after issuing one for the exact same offence.

His decisions became more erratic after that and the players became more and more wound up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.