Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You’re a West Ham fan so probably don’t expect much in terms of management but we’ve been blessed to see how good management can look in the past decade.

This point has been raised a few times.
Are you forgetting the grief West Ham fans give our managers ? year on year whether it's Allardyce, Bilic,Moyes ? you think West Ham fans all sit accept the football like a grown adult should?
I know all too well the demands for 'entertainment' from our fans - it actually makes the England thread read quite bearable compared to sitting around thick fans demanding we play Barcelona football and screaming abuse at a player for a bad pass.

I often found the 'I demand entertainment' fan would be the first ones to blow a fuse when we lose 4-3 in a entertaining match, moan and slag off the defense and what the manager should do better. There is no pleasing.

It's probably always been the same, but fans use football as a release to let off anger likely from their own personal lives. whether that's demanding to be entertained, hating the manager for tactics or getting wound up over a 21 year old who scores a overhead match winner in the dying seconds.

Is anyone genuinely not too fussed and bothered about the national side?
I honestly can't get excited about this lot at all to be honest. I know we are 2 games away from winning a pot and maybe it's my age making me miserable.
But I'm sick of seeing all the wags flouting their wealth flying on private jets whilst most of us can't pay the electricity bill.
I'm with you mate.

It's just a few games of football that I have a passing interest in that I can watch over the summer, no angry emotions are shown when we play shit and no euphoria is displayed when we win.

All very "Meh!", as the kids' (probably used to) say.

Add Lineker and Ferdinand bragging about being able to bet £1000 bottles of wine on who takes a free-kick into the mix, and it makes me feel as sick as you do about the whole 'business'.

Are you forgetting the grief West Ham fans give our managers ? year on year whether it's Allardyce, Bilic,Moyes ? you think West Ham fans all sit accept the football like a grown adult should?
I know all too well the demands for 'entertainment' from our fans - it actually makes the England thread read quite bearable compared to sitting around thick fans demanding we play Barcelona football and screaming abuse at a player for a bad pass.

I often found the 'I demand entertainment' fan would be the first ones to blow a fuse when we lose 4-3 in a entertaining match, moan and slag off the defense and what the manager should do better. There is no pleasing.

It's probably always been the same, but fans use football as a release to let off anger likely from their own personal lives. whether that's demanding to be entertained, hating the manager for tactics or getting wound up over a 21 year old who scores a overhead match winner in the dying seconds.
It's a simple formula - beat the opposition and bang in half a dozen goals! Can't understand why no one thought of it before!

Is anyone genuinely not too fussed and bothered about the national side?
I honestly can't get excited about this lot at all to be honest. I know we are 2 games away from winning a pot and maybe it's my age making me miserable.
But I'm sick of seeing all the wags flouting their wealth flying on private jets whilst most of us can't pay the electricity bill.
I think one of the most galling sights is when the camera flashes over to get a shot of those suited Uefa apparatchiks sitting in the Uefa 'royal box'! I can't get excited 'cos I feel that is who Uefa think the competition is for!

I’ve supported City ever since 1976. But I always supported my country. Never a difficult choice especially when the England team was build from rags and dippers. Now from that point of view it’s changed. So I hope Walker, Stones and Foden all play a blinder, all scoring a goal, yet England losing 3-4.

As for the match itself? We are not great. Decent at best. England hasn’t live up to expectations either.
We all are in for a dull 90 minutes. Both sides not taking any risk due to their managers. Extra time and the Dutch will have a go knowing England and penalties looks like a good omen this year.

However:
We will outdress you.
We will outsing you.
We will outparty you in the streets.
Orange everywhere.
Playing in Dortmund will be a homegame.
Dortmund will be a Dutch city for the next 48 hours.
That’s conquer a piece of Germany. Last time the Germans did that to us they hang around for 5 years …

The Dutch have been allocated tickets in the yellow...orange wall!

Still finding it hard to get into this tournament in the way I get into the PL. I'm pretty sure any of the top 3 in the PL last season would win this tournament, unless it went to pens in which case Man City would lose!

It’s not about entertainment, it’s about controlling games through possession, not sitting on the edge of the box and shitting yourselves against fucking Slovakia.

We are less than the sum of our parts. That’s on the manager. We’ve flunked our way to the semi, yes great, but it’s been fuck all to do with playing well, tactically sound or well coached, so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.