Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve supported City ever since 1976. But I always supported my country. Never a difficult choice especially when the England team was build from rags and dippers. Now from that point of view it’s changed. So I hope Walker, Stones and Foden all play a blinder, all scoring a goal, yet England losing 3-4.

As for the match itself? We are not great. Decent at best. England hasn’t live up to expectations either.
We all are in for a dull 90 minutes. Both sides not taking any risk due to their managers. Extra time and the Dutch will have a go knowing England and penalties looks like a good omen this year.

However:
We will outdress you.
We will outsing you.
We will outparty you in the streets.
Orange everywhere.
Playing in Dortmund will be a homegame.
Dortmund will be a Dutch city for the next 48 hours.
That’s conquer a piece of Germany. Last time the Germans did that to us they hang around for 5 years …

Netherlands... please just knock them out.

I am sick to death of the sight of things you don't see in other countries during tournaments like cars decorated in flags and even houses and to top it off wankers wearing England shirts the day after winning a game while having breakfast at the hotel they are staying.
Having travelled through the Netherlands on the way to watch England in Cologne two weeks ago, I can assure you that cars and houses in Eindhoven are draped in the Dutch flag.

I am sick to death of the sight of posts on bluemoon by wankers who don't know what they're talking about.

Having travelled through the Netherlands on the way to watch England in Cologne two weeks ago, I can assure you that cars and houses in Eindhoven are draped in the Dutch flag.

I am sick to death of the sight of posts on bluemoon by wankers who don't know what they're talking about.

Imagine being that full of hatred against your own country in a footie tournament that you get angry about seeing a few England flags and couple people wearing a footie top.

Imagine being that full of hatred against your own country in a footie tournament that you get angry about seeing a few England flags and couple people wearing a footie top.
I love my country. I want them to do well at everything even cricket.

I'm used to England not getting passed group stages or not qualifying over the years. Best time off my life to support my national team for me. Newer generations have only ever known success so they expect more.

But hating your own country national team... well I never.

Each to their own, I'm going to enjoy it.

Newer generations have only ever known success so they expect more.

This is a downside for sure but depressingly it seems most of the older 50/60+ generation are the most bitter and angry at England. Maybe it's a growing old thing.

Hopefully kids out there are loving every second, having there own heroes and can enjoy the journey without going on social media and being bombarded by the doom and gloom merchants.

Was on a flight during the Swiss game. The pilot gave us an update at 1-1

Eventually after he told us what the local time, wind, and temperature were on the ground, he then nonchalantly threw in that England won 5-3 on penalties.

I'm pretty sure the chap across the aisle was BlueHammer. He literally jumped in the air, with more air grabs than on a boy band music video.

Anyway, I'm fucked if I know what's gonna happen in this game. We play shit and win. My football senses aren't attuned to this method after a decade of Pep.

We could do the same here. Holland look delicate at the rear. But they seem to be able to string some decent passes together in spurts. We don't.

I'm prepared for anything.

2-1 to England. I'm just convinced they'll actually put a decent performance in, even with the Southgate handbrake on full.

Then lose the final without having a shot on target... cos that's so Southgate
Luckily I will be on a flight when the final is on..mind you it would have been nice seeing Rod with the trophy

If we do win it's luck. fuckin ****.
Yes 100%. He’s fucking shite and yet again been blessed with the draw from god. We’ve been woeful and that’s on the manager.

You’re a West Ham fan so probably don’t expect much in terms of management but we’ve been blessed to see how good management can look in the past decade.

With the squad England have, we should be playing more than the dross that’s seen us scrape our way to the game on Wednesday.

Starting to think England can just Greece/Portugal their way through to winning it. They've absolutely mastered being stodgy as fuck. So expect them to finally lose.

Should play this but won't:

Pickford
Walker, Stones, Konsa
Saka, Mainoo, Rice, Shaw
Palmer, Foden
Watkins

Netherlands... please just knock them out.

I am sick to death of the sight of things you don't see in other countries during tournaments like cars decorated in flags and even houses and to top it off wankers wearing England shirts the day after winning a game while having breakfast at the hotel they are staying.
Just spent the last 12 days in Portugal after being in Germany for the first 2 England games and saw men women and children (full families)all wearing Portugal shirts before and after matches.Mostly had Ronaldo on them.Flags in Resteraunts and bars and streets all this in both Lisbon and across the Algarve.Hope you don't get sick of seeing City shirts because they also are everywhere you go.I cant believe the amount Ive seen worn by non english fans in Portugal alone. Everyone to there own. I have never worn an England shirt since I was in Mexico in 86 which was the only one I ever bought to this day but enjoy seeing people get pleasure from taking some part in hopefully England being successful.

I’ve supported City ever since 1976. But I always supported my country. Never a difficult choice especially when the England team was build from rags and dippers. Now from that point of view it’s changed. So I hope Walker, Stones and Foden all play a blinder, all scoring a goal, yet England losing 3-4.

As for the match itself? We are not great. Decent at best. England hasn’t live up to expectations either.
We all are in for a dull 90 minutes. Both sides not taking any risk due to their managers. Extra time and the Dutch will have a go knowing England and penalties looks like a good omen this year.

However:
We will outdress you.
We will outsing you.
We will outparty you in the streets.
Orange everywhere.
Playing in Dortmund will be a homegame.
Dortmund will be a Dutch city for the next 48 hours.
That’s conquer a piece of Germany. Last time the Germans did that to us they hang around for 5 years …
Yeah, but are yer gonna wear those plastic orange German Stahlhelm? Won't out dress us unless yer have a bank of those on the terraces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.