Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strange.
I said this at home,I thought Shaw would be a lot better than he actually was.

Watkins and Palmer subs were spot on though.

Trippier definitely wasn't excellent in the first half. Hard to judge Shaw on that as Netherlands made great adjustments that completely stifled our play.

Let's have it right. The Dutch offered absolutely nothing. It reminded me horribly of many games that City are obliged to play against teams with no ambition whatsoever to make a match of it. It would have been a travesty if they had snatched that game. The absolute only way they were going to do it was on a set piece, where England did in effect look unsure of themselves.
I found myself thinking back to the many, many great Dutch international teams I've seen. Even, reasonably recently, the teams with Robben at his height. They've fallen a long way. Sorry, Nathan, but they have (Nate, by the way, one of the very best players on their side — no surprises there).
They're a fairly limited side. Keep the headband and Gakpo quiet, and they don't carry much of a goal threat.

"What a route to the final"

eh? An injury time win against slovakia after saving ourselves from elimination with the last kick, a penalty shootout win against Switzerland and a last minute winner against the Dutch after being handed a incredibly suspect penalty. Not that it matters but that might go down as the shittest route to a final ever, what the fuck is he on about?

Foden is a nailed on starter for Sunday, and rightly so.

Agree he didn't have runners in the 2nd half and the spaces were closed down, hence making a change and giving the Dutch something else to think about.
Phil was ineffective in the second half because waistcoat changed the tactics

Despite the result, I still think Bellend should have gone off, rather than Phil.
Course he should, on a yellow and ineffective. Second yellow and final missed.

Southgate is fucking shite but one hell of a lucky manager.

First half and played the best 30 minutes of football up to half time, what does he do make a needless change with Shaw for Trippier!

Second half completely out of sorts and forced changes at the end cos players out on their feet!

The best part was Watkins ignoring Bellingham and running to the subs to celebrate his goal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.