Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let's have it right. The Dutch offered absolutely nothing. It reminded me horribly of many games that City are obliged to play against teams with no ambition whatsoever to make a match of it. It would have been a travesty if they had snatched that game. The absolute only way they were going to do it was on a set piece, where England did in effect look unsure of themselves.
I found myself thinking back to the many, many great Dutch international teams I've seen. Even, reasonably recently, the teams with Robben at his height. They've fallen a long way. Sorry, Nathan, but they have (Nate, by the way, one of the very best players on their side — no surprises there).

Not forgetting (briefly) ex blue Ferran Torres, who I had forgotten about until I saw him earlier in the tournament to be fair!
If Trippier and Palmer also feature for England that could be those 2 plus Foden, Stonesy and Walker. For Spain, Rodders, Laporte, Navas and Torres, so potentially 9 players who are, or have been at City at some point.

FWIW I wasn't being critical of Foden the player (he was the best player in the 1st half). I was critical of some of the things he did in the second half, specifically holding onto the ball for too long (he's learned that from Bellingham). Whether you're a City fan or not surely you can see he wasn't the same force in the 2nd half, his replacement came on, did make the pass early and it set up the winner.

And yes Rice had a shocker. He was very poor for most of the match.

Rice made some poor decisions and errors but in the second half he had 0 help from Bellingham. Foden wasn't as good but his teammates were incredibly cowardly/inaccurate in that second half - lost count of Foden getting pissed off at the lack of vertical passes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.