Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can only recommend to England to win before penalties for a change, as the idea that from now on penalties are easy wins for England is a nasty trap. It won't work twice, pressure be immense.

Now that the bright Pickford has revealed his 'normal procedure of delaying' he might become a rare keeper to get a yellow-red in a shootout by Felix Zwayer - IF it comes to pens...

Last edited:
That's why England only look a half decent side when they go a goal down. They have to take off the shackles otherwise its over and suddenly they seem to know how to get up the pitch a bit quicker.
Shame he hasn’t given a rest to walker and tried Trent at RB. Those long balls over the top for Ollie Watkins would have given Van Dyke nightmares.Trippier and Kane out for me in this one. Think we’ll still win the game but it’s been a frustrating watch.

I've become so toxic about the England team. I actively want them to lose now so Stones and Foden don't get absolutely murdered by the media every week, and kill their morale for the coming season.
Don't fret @Damocles I'm on to the media and they won't escape the wrath of Eccles Blue if they dare to criticise either of them but (obviously) they will get greater punishment if they criticise JB!!! ;-) :-)

Shame he hasn’t given a rest to walker and tried Trent at RB. Those long balls over the top for Ollie Watkins would have given Van Dyke nightmares.Trippier and Kane out for me in this one. Think we’ll still win the game but it’s been a frustrating watch.
Not a chance (hope) that Kane will be benched...

"in the difficult moments we look at our most experienced players, the ones who have been in situations like this before, and lean on their experience, we’re leaning on players being here before" (some quote I read yesterday)

ALL the big names/established "stars" will start.

There will be NO "WOW! He's starting Palmer!" moment today, it'll be more of the same.

Probably true to a degree, but I think some are genuinely excellent players but stifled in how England approach the game.

Look at Foden, he plays in a City team with top level players yet he was Premier League player of the season. The best player last season for arguably the best team in the world, you don't manage that if you're a hype job.

As poor and sluggish as Kane has looked, you only have to look at his premier league record and his goalscoring record in Germany and at international level. There's nothing over hyped about him, he certainly was a world class striker, although he looks physically on the decline right now.

I do think there's some overhyped players, like Rice. He's not a bad player by any means, he is good in the right team but nowhere near one of the best around in his position.

In general, I don't think the England squad is full of top players like people say, i think its exaggerated. There's a few very good players amongst mostly pretty decent enough Premier League players.
To me Foden hasn’t been utilised properly. It looks like a group of good players who aren’t a cohesive unit. You do have players who can score goals out of nothing, but your overall play is just ineffective. Doesn’t flow. You look at the movement of Spain and they have it. Their players look better all over the pitch. They attack and defend as a unit, they have top class m, world class players who turned up. If you want to be labelled works class, you turn up. So to me they aren’t world class. Nowhere near it.

The brutal truth is so far, you have been, apart from us, obviously, the least attractive team to watch in the tourney. But, here you are in the semi. I honestly believe that if you don’t improve dramatically, Spain will mullah you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.