Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your players are overhyped bellends. If they are as good as you all seem to think, it’s even more embarrassing. I’m throwing them a bone of an excuse, being overhyped and nowhere near all world class. If they are the world has really taken a fucking tumble for the worse.

Hard to disagree with that, England have some good players who are playing shit under Southgate but the England fans are happy because it's another semi.

It wouldn't class them all as bellends just a few

World class can't think of one at the moment.

Hard to disagree with that, England have some good players who are playing shit under Southgate but the England fans are happy because it's another semi.

Using the word bellend was perhaps, in retrospect, harsh.

Your players are overhyped bellends. If they are as good as you all seem to think, it’s even more embarrassing. I’m throwing them a bone of an excuse, being overhyped and nowhere near all world class. If they are the world has really taken a fucking tumble for the worse.

Probably true to a degree, but I think some are genuinely excellent players but stifled in how England approach the game.

Look at Foden, he plays in a City team with top level players yet he was Premier League player of the season. The best player last season for arguably the best team in the world, you don't manage that if you're a hype job.

As poor and sluggish as Kane has looked, you only have to look at his premier league record and his goalscoring record in Germany and at international level. There's nothing over hyped about him, he certainly was a world class striker, although he looks physically on the decline right now.

I do think there's some overhyped players, like Rice. He's not a bad player by any means, he is good in the right team but nowhere near one of the best around in his position.

In general, I don't think the England squad is full of top players like people say, i think its exaggerated. There's a few very good players amongst mostly pretty decent enough Premier League players.

What exactly does world class mean? Messi / ronaldo? Then there are probably no world class players on the planet at the moment, but we certainly have some of the best players in the world at the moment.

Is Foden world class? I think he probably gets into any side in world football, so yes i think he is. Bellingham as much as we dislike him on here has just won player of the year in la liga, won the CL and league title, so again, i'd suggest he's world class. Kane just got top goalscorer in the bundesliga and Europes top scorer across all top leagues, so again that suggests world class.

There are others. Look how Walker has played against the worlds best wingers Mbappe and Vinicius, those are world class performances.

Point is, we do have world class players, they just haven't shown it at international level, but then not many apart from Spanish players have. Maybe its the managers restrictive tactics, maybe they are just knackered after such long seasons, or maybe international football is just a negative format that rewards defensive, restrictive football, which is exactly what we've seen from every opponent England have faced.

What exactly does world class mean? Messi / ronaldo? Then there are probably no world class players on the planet at the moment, but we certainly have some of the best players in the world at the moment.

Is Foden world class? I think he probably gets into any side in world football, so yes i think he is. Bellingham as much as we dislike him on here has just won player of the year in la liga, won the CL and league title, so again, i'd suggest he's world class. Kane just got top goalscorer in the bundesliga and Europes top scorer across all top leagues, so again that suggests world class.

There are others. Look how Walker has played against the worlds best wingers Mbappe and Vinicius, those are world class performances.

Point is, we do have world class players, they just haven't shown it at international level, but then not many apart from Spanish players have. Maybe its the managers restrictive tactics, maybe they are just knackered after such long seasons, or maybe international football is just a negative format that rewards defensive, restrictive football, which is exactly what we've seen from every opponent England have faced.

It's interesting that only Spain play with freedom, confidence and want to play attractive attacking football.

Most of teams England and France seem scared of the ball.

Are any of the English players playing like they do for their clubs , No ! Why ?

Phil player of the season stuck out on the left wing. Stones has no one coming from midfield to receive the ball.

I'm told Rice plays more forward passes for arsenal yet at England it's backwards or sideways.

We have players who play on the front foot going forward attacking.

City, arsenal, all play attacking football. These players now having to play defensive which isn't their game.

Southgate would have been better off picking his squad from the anti football teams. At least these players would fit southgate style of play.

The players look bored

It's interesting that only Spain play with freedom, confidence and want to play attractive attacking football.

Are any of the English players playing like they do for their clubs , No ! Why ?

Phil player of the season stuck out on the left wing. Stones has no one coming from midfield to receive the ball.

I'm told Rice plays more forward passes for arsenal yet at England it's backwards or sideways.

City, arsenal, all play attacking football. These players now having to play defensive which isn't their game.

Southgate would have been better off picking his squad from the anti football teams. At least these players would fit southgate style of play.

The players look bored

That's why England only look a half decent side when they go a goal down. They have to take off the shackles otherwise its over and suddenly they seem to know how to get up the pitch a bit quicker.

The players look bored
Yeah totally agree. I'm trying not to just bash southgate as were in a semi final today, but reality is we all know where the problem lies with this england team.

How Paddy Power are calling it....

View attachment 124850

Which sort of surprises me, England being favourites in their eyes. 1.5/1 compared to 2.1/1.

A lot of people seem to make England favourites.

I find it hard to see England as favourites as it stands today, even though I'm generally an optimist. Its just hard to see where a good performance is coming from and if it doesn't, the luck has to run out.

I don't think the Dutch are anything to write home about but they look like a cohesive unit on the pitch with some decent attacking play, England don't.

I'm still somewhat optimistic of a good England performance, but there's still part of me that thinks they're on a similar path to France, where you think there's bound to be at least one good performance at some point but it just never comes.

But ultimately there's 11 players there in that England side that are more than capable of winning this game. Let's see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.