Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only a goal because Mainoo failed to control a dreadful pass from Rice, which ran to Palmer,
Lovely goal tho

I didn't get to see the game last night as I was at the Co-op Live watching Kings Of Leon. It was a great gig but obviously plenty of people weren't always totally focused as they were trying to find out the score. Internet coverage was hit and miss but I had my Bet365 app open when England scored the penalty. Others were watching delayed streams on their phones so the cheers only started about 30 seconds after I knew we'd scored.

In the dying minutes of the game someone next to me was watching it on his phone. Again, he was behind by about a minute. I wasn't paying much attention until he said "I think we've scored!". The match was still showing 1-1 but he'd had a pop-up from a WhatsApp chat from a mate. At this point there were no big cheers around the arena but I checked my own phone and sure enough I had a WhatsApp from a mate too. It was only when the bloke's phone got to the point of Watkins scoring that pockets of cheers started to break out around the place. I'm not sure what the band members thought - being from Tennessee - but they certainly fed off it, and a short while later the drummer had somehow managed to snaffle an England retro shirt from somewhere!

I see The Killers actually paused their gig at the O2 and streamed the last few minutes of the match!

Nice story

I have explained. England looked worse in that second half and not the team that started the game. Shaw wasn't needed at half time. An adjust in central midfield was. As your angling for an argument BlueHammer so I leave you be.

If he'd have been fit Shaw would have started every game in this tournament. He's back after 4 months out and Southgate used him for 40 mins against Switzerland and clearly wanted to use him in this game but decided to bring him on rather than start him. Trippier played the best he has all tournament in terms of using the width, but the rest of the team were moving into space ahead of him and benefitting from the space the Dutch left in midfield. They made the change at HT which condensed the midfield meaning we didn't have the space between the lines. Their defence pushed up and compacted things. Nothing to do with Shaw.

The space ended up being in behind and because Kane wasn't making those runs it remained compact. Then Watkins came on and you only have to watch his goal to see how high the dutch defence was to compact things, and how much space he had to run into.

Shaw never should have been included. Take your England tints off with that. If he finished the season at utd and showed decent form then by all means include him.

Last edited:
Shaw never should be included. Take your England tints off with that. If he finished the season at utd and showed decent form then by all means include him.

He hasn’t played a game of football since February prior to coming on the pitch on Saturday. There must be someone who can play left back who’s a lot fitter playing in the Premier League or Championship. We’ve ended up taking 4 people who can play right back that squad is so unbalanced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.