Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well that was a bit more like it.

Thought everyone bar maybe Kane, Bellingham and Rice had a really good game.

If we can repeat that on Sunday, we should have at least a fighting chance. Still clearly underdogs though.

Rice definitely needs to up his game if Rodri isn’t going to totally run the show though. Although I have to say, after mocking the early hype that Mainoo is looking like he’s going to be a serious player. Not sure I can ever recall a player so young playing that position with such authority.

All the City boys looked right back on their game aswell, so looking forward to Sunday. Hopefully we can give them a decent game and after that, who knows?

I have had several conversations with foreign fans about that song and they just don’t get it. They really see it as arrogance, even when I point out what the original protagonists of the tune say and the reality of England’s trophy haul. It is hope which is not based on realistic expectation. We are different in attitudes and behaviour to the rest of the world and this is a good example of that leading to misconceptions.
What can you expect? Those horrid, smelly Johnny Foreigner types just don't understand God fearing Brits' sense of humour.

;-)

If we can repeat that on Sunday, we should have at least a fighting chance. Still clearly underdogs though.

Rice definitely needs to up his game if Rodri isn’t going to totally run the show though. Although I have to say, after mocking the early hype that Mainoo is looking like he’s going to be a serious player. Not sure I can ever recall a player so young playing that position with such authority.

All the City boys looked right back on their game aswell, so looking forward to Sunday. Hopefully we can give them a decent game and after that, who knows?
Not sure why we are underdogs, keep Rodri out of it and they are very beatable.

I really don't care whether the penalty should or should not have been given. The important thing was we converted it and although we could not take advantage of being the much superior side in the first half we did made sure we did not lose it when the game was pretty even in the second. The side reminds me pretty much of the effective German sides who were often not spectacular but would do just enough and if it had to go all the way were prepared for it. We do look tournament savvy if at times uninspiring. Will take a tournament win anyway it comes. Much of the improvement I think is down to the academy systems and the additional hours now allowed to coach kids producing more technically gifted players so am hopeful we will continue to be very competitive going forward as well. Fair play to Gareth (have been critical of him like others) and if he wins the tournament give him a knighthood and another crack at the World cup.

Rice could become twice as good as he is now and still wouldn't be half as good as Rodri, generally speaking.

However it's one game. We saw a mediocre rag side do a job on us in the FA cup final, it happens.

As I've said a few times, Spain have only been beating decent teams by a one goal margin. People would have you believe they're spanking everyone 4-0.

They're a good side, I don't think they're anything special though. England are a good side, just less attractive to watch. Spain will be favourites and should be, but it's not a team anyone should be shit scared of.

Not sure how taking the best player on the pitch off, in our Phil, was a good move

Taking Kane off for Watkins was the right thing but should have happened after an hour in every match

Got to say, the subs worked. However, while the ones coming on were right, it should have been Kane and Bellingham off. Taken Foden off was nonsense.

I haven’t seen Bellingham do much at all apart from the two goals, he is nowhere near as good as Foden, Palmer and a few others in this tournament. Strangely the two outstanding English players in the Bundesliga have failed to impress. I can understand why Southgate took Phil off, he did more running than any other player on the pitch, but his faith in Bellingham is hard to understand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.