Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
England weren't great 2012/14 talent wise.

The golden generation players were at the end of their careers and the younger players weren't on the level of Foden, Bellingham, Saka, Rice etc.

2014 WC squad:

1 Joe Hart goalkeeper, Manchester City

2 Glen Johnson defender, Liverpool

3 Leighton Baines defender, Everton

4 Steven Gerrard (captain) midfielder, Liverpool

10 Wayne Rooney forward, Manchester United

11 Danny Welbeck forward, Manchester United

12 Chris Smalling defender, Manchester United

13 Ben Foster goalkeeper, West Bromwich Albion

14 Jordan Henderson midfielder, Liverpool

15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain midfielder, Arsenal

16 Phil Jones defender, Manchester United

17 James Milner midfielder, Manchester City

18 Rickie Lambert forward, Liverpool

19 Raheem Sterling midfielder, Liverpool

20 Adam Lallana midfielder, Southampton

21 Ross Barkley midfielder, Everton

22 Fraser Forster goalkeeper, Celtic

23 Luke Shaw defender, Southampton

5 Gary Cahill defender, Chelsea

6 Phil Jagielka defender, Everton

7 Jack Wilshere midfielder, Arsenal

8 Frank Lampard midfielder, Chelsea

9 Daniel Sturridge forward, Liverpool

I am thinking more Capello days but that list doesn't look that amazing. Some may say it's better!!

Great post! and spot on.

BUT... '' Honestly - I've never really been bothered about Scotland but this summer, you've turned into a load of bitches, moaning about everything.'' - This has to equally be thrown at England fans surely.
I meant moaning about everything English. We've moaned about our own team but to listen to the jocks, we think our team is akin to Brazil 1970.

The anti English element in the Scottish support is a national disgrace. The average Scottish football fan boo their own national anthem FFS!! They actually had 40,000 booing the Lichtenstein national anthem as it’s the same tune as ‘The King’
They boo Flower of Scotland ??

The anti English element in the Scottish support is a national disgrace. The average Scottish football fan boo their own national anthem FFS!! They actually had 40,000 booing the Lichtenstein national anthem as it’s the same tune as ‘The King’
I'm sure that England fans booing other national anthems is another thing they cry about. Just seen one on Twitter skriking about the fact the ITV's coverage of England v Holland tonight is longer than BBC's coverage of Spain v France last night. Seriously, they are fucking obsessed.

I'm sure that England fans booing other national anthems is another thing they cry about. Just seen one on Twitter skriking about the fact the ITV's coverage of England v Holland tonight is longer than BBC's coverage of Spain v France last night. Seriously, they are fucking obsessed.

Scotland are going to hate England in Football tournaments, there is no changing that unfortunately and let's face it, who cares, they're shite and always will be.

I care more of the hate England fans give England, towards the Manager, Players etc. that i have found has got worse and worse since rise of social media/forums. that i find alot more depressing.

Scotland are going to hate England in Football tournaments, there is no changing that unfortunately and let's face it, who cares, they're shite and always will be.

I care more of the hate England fans give England, towards the Manager, Players etc. that i have found has got worse and worse since rise of social media/forums. that i find alot more depressing.

Football fans are fickle, it's not a problem that's unique to this country but I do think we're one of the worst when it comes to a sense of entitlement. I can't remember a time England weren't hyped up before a tournament only to fall short. Our knowledge and expertise when it comes to the game has always, in our own opinion been the best, only to clearly not be in hindsight. Teaching kids on full sized pitches leading to limited technical ability. Not appreciating that great players were only a small part of a successful team and tactics had just as much importance. Not practicing or believing there was an art to the penalty shootout. Not focussing enough on the marginal gains to increase our chances of success. Not building the right culture from kids to the senior side in terms of a harmonious and winning mentality.

Southgate has done the majority of those things so well. He's not a good tactician, he's not got a great understanding or mentality that is likely to deliver success consistently. If we win this Euro's he will deserve a hell of a lot of credit, but it will have been because the players have delivered moments of magic. That doesn't mean he needs vilifying because all of the other elements he does very well and he could be the best tactician in the world but poor at the other elements and we'd be in a worse position.

I also think tribalism in our domestic game is a lot worse than in other countries and leads to more of a dramatic assessment of the England side. The majority of posters on here talk about Foden. Arsenal fans will think Saka is victimised. Shearer thinks Gordon should start. Dippers think Trent should start. You'll never please all, but generally you're battling those armchair fans who think all of our problems are solved by one player coming in here or there.

What he actually said :

Captain Harry Kane, on the difference in mentality from 2018 - when England lost to Croatia in the World Cup semi-final - to now: "I think you just use past experiences to help. We've got a lot of players who have experienced big games at a club and international level. You try and use all that to prepare you in the best way possible and control the nerves and excitement.

"Tomorrow night will be no different, we had a goal and target of where we want to be and what we think's achievable. Step by step we're getting closer to that target. We prepare for tomorrow night like any other game.

"I just think during the game you lean on experience, the leaders who have been there and done that. Ultimately it's about going out there and taking the opportunity with both hands.

"Reaching back-to-back European Championship finals would be an amazing achievement and we have the opportunity to go and do that."

Harry Kane, on the pressure at the beginning and whether players did anything differently: "No, there weren't any meetings. As one of the leaders, as the captain, you're always talking to your players. Especially the newer players, they're always asking about experiences.

"I think we do a good job of preparing all the players before the tournament. There's a lot that goes into tournament football, there's a lot of media attention, so it's about dealing with all that.

"Over the years, we've handled that really well and this tournament has been no different. Maybe the expectation and noise has been a bit louder but I think we've handled that really well.

"Ultimately it's down to what we want to achieve but we have a really close togetherness. That's all we're thinking about."

England captain Harry Kane, on whether he would rather face Virgil van Dijk or Matthijs de Ligt: "[Matthjis] has been a [Bayern Munich] team-mate of mine, a fantastic player. I'm not sure if he's going to start tomorrow or not but if he does we've had a lot of battles in training so I'm sure tomorrow will be no different.

"I've had a lot of battles with Virgil over the years, sometimes he's won and sometimes I have.

"Whoever plays will be tough opponent. I'll always prepare in the same way to make them as uncomfortable as possible but they'll do the same as me.

"I enjoy playing against the best in the world, that's why you want to play these games. I'm looking forward to that challenge tomorrow."
Funny you have left a bit out but i am impressed you have such a hard on for him , or are you wumming again , hmm.

Atmosphere over here last night was fucking amazing. Place is absolutely booming so hopefully the useless twat in charge flukes another one tonight because Sunday will be off the charts.
Flight early Monday morning so I’m expecting a hangover at the airport whatever the result!
You still in Spain? That team of theirs looks unbeatable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.