Never doubt Pep

I don't question Pep, he is a genius of his style. The problem is possession football is on the way out, being solid and playing with physical intensity trumps technique and controlling the game. The team with the ball has the fear.
People have said that since he arrived, no not quite, since Klopp arrived. So how many trophies has Peps possesion football won in that time versus Klopp and his physical intense football ?
The team with the ball has fear was a big Mourinho tactic, hows he doing recently versus Peps football. Now they say it about Touchel and Chelsea.

I don't question Pep, he is a genius of his style. The problem is possession football is on the way out, being solid and playing with physical intensity trumps technique and controlling the game. The team with the ball has the fear.
Seems a slight oversimplification. The only team in the top six for average possession this season that isn't also in the top six of the table is Leeds. Controlling the ball is still the best route to success

I'll doubt him when I feel like it, nobody is perfect and sometimes he fucks up, as we all do.
Different things though, of course he does and whatever manager we have in the future will too. The question is whether that means we should doubt that he is the best manager for us now. His record says to me there is no reason anyone should doubt that. He’ll make mistakes over the next two years as well I can 100% predict that, not a reason to doubt him though.

Touchel got lucky against us because we played poorly in two games against his team. Let's not make this some alternative reality where he "has Pep's number" or whatever bullshit people say. I've seen plenty of managers who "have Pep's number" with their "tactical masterclasses" come and go over the last five years. Potchetino, Mourinho, Klopp, Solskar...they get a result or two but that's just football.
Pep played a weakened team in the FA Cup and the home league game and Chelsea took advantage. Pep made an error of judgement for the final but I also think the players were below par. He didn't send them out to play shit but for some reason they did. Saturday is a huge test for Pep. Looking at the injuries and the fact that Chelsea have started the season better than us I'd take a draw right now.

Pep played a weakened team in the FA Cup and the home league game and Chelsea took advantage. Pep made an error of judgement for the final but I also think the players were below par. He didn't send them out to play shit but for some reason they did. Saturday is a huge test for Pep. Looking at the injuries and the fact that Chelsea have started the season better than us I'd take a draw right now.
Yes Pep made an error thats true and yes the players were below par too, which is a shame because I don’t think Chelsea were that great either. All ifs now but if Foden or Mahrez had scored their chances , I’m not sure chelsea had another goal in them.
Agree though chelsea looking decent and injuries would make a draw a good result.

Different things though, of course he does and whatever manager we have in the future will too. The question is whether that means we should doubt that he is the best manager for us now. His record says to me there is no reason anyone should doubt that. He’ll make mistakes over the next two years as well I can 100% predict that, not a reason to doubt him though.

As I don't doubt that as only a fool would, but I would never dismiss doubting him sometimes, if I felt the need too.

People have said that since he arrived, no not quite, since Klopp arrived. So how many trophies has Peps possesion football won in that time versus Klopp and his physical intense football ?
The team with the ball has fear was a big Mourinho tactic, hows he doing recently versus Peps football. Now they say it about Touchel and Chelsea.

I think this Touchel system at Chelsea will have a relatively short shelf life, similar to when they won the league with Mourinho and Conte. Defenders concentration will wane and the forwards will get fed up sprinting up and back to stand on the toes of their full back. Same thing happened at Liverpool. But while they're on this high they have the ability to win big games and the CL. For our style to work in these intense moments we'd need prime Xavi & Iniesta pretty much never giving the ball away, too risky otherwise. I feel that the likes of Gundogan are very tentative in these games so that Mourinho quote came to mind.

We now have three league rivals who will approach games with us intent on having 35% possession and launching ICBMs down the flanks to their pacy men, simplicity itself. People go on about Touchel having Pep's number but forget that Lampard did us with an identical performance, and that with rubbish like Willian and Barkley rather than £70m signings.

So much made of CL game decisions not working out. Not enough made of the games where his tweaks do work out.

Gnashing of teeth over Messi and Ronaldo but Pep was always the big prize.

As long as we have him we have a chance of winning every trophy.

This ^

No manager is ever going to win every single game but Pep comes closer than most and our trophy haul with him speaks for itself.
Anyone wishing for a change of manager should look at that shower down the road as to what could happen. It's not the money that gets consistent results out of the team it's Pep's leadership and passion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.