Neville Warning For League Champions City

I have been pleasantly suprised by Gary Neville as a pundit - he has come across as articulate and knowledgeable. Can we move on from being so obsessed about all things Man U or related. We should be thinking Man City, we're a big team now.

samharris said:
Damocles said:
"Very rarely does a team run away with it"

"It's a tough league to win and the idea that a team will go and dominate, it's too early to start speculating about that."

"Manchester United have done it through the '90s and last 10 years, Liverpool did it in the 1970s and 1980s. It's very difficult to dominate over 15 to 20 years."

"The easiest thing to say, and I've heard it a lot of times before, is that City will dominate"

"If City had lost the league on the last day [last season] people would have been saying United will dominate.

"It happens every year, the sort of up and down reaction that we get. The reality is that there will always be a challenge to whoever will be champions."

"I think Manchester United will be up there again, I don't think anyone is kidding themselves over that."

"The manager being there obviously helps because he knows full well what it's been like to succeed, but also what failure has tasted like in this last 20 years - you can't win the league every year."

"The group of players that are there are also experienced and have been round the block so they know it is fine lines - you can't win every single game all the time and you will have disappointments. It's how you respond to that."

"All clubs have aspirations and Manchester United are no different. You realise that you are competing with other clubs and you can't be arrogant about that."

"It was the most calm tournament I have ever been part of. There wasn't a lot of euphoria or ridiculous expectation internally and externally."

"One day, as part of Roy's staff, I would like to be part of a regime that does win a trophy for England [but] there is work to do. I thought it was a good tournament. A good start, but we have to build on that now. We have to move forward to make sure we keep the things that were good in that tournament and improve on the things we can do better."

Okay, can somebody point out the bit that makes him a twat again?

Its not what he said but what he didnt say!!
I cant recall him ever saying that about the scum before each season started.

Damn right, that's not what the rate-faced twat said before the derby [dailyfail article]

"This Manchester derby could impact on the clubs' next three years"

"There have been many twists and turns but this is the game that will define the destination of the title.
There might still be big matches to play but surely, even in this craziest season, the winner of this match will go on and win the title?

"But I wonder if it’s even more important than that. Because for me it’s all about authority: authority in Manchester, authority in the Premier League and authority in English football.

"Imagine what it would mean to Manchester City if they could win and go on to win the league? It would give the club and their players the sense of entitlement, confidence and belief that only comes with winning a title. Doing so against United would only add to that renewed sense of authority in the city and in the Premier League.

"They would have a hardness and toughness from staying the course over 38 games that would be added to their undoubted ability. And that would serve them well in the future.
We’ve seen it with Arsenal and then Chelsea. Once you win one title, you often go on to win another.

Garry Neville - A **** of the highest order.

Roll On City said:
samharris said:
Damocles said:

Damn right, that's not what the rate-faced twat said before the derby [dailyfail article]

"This Manchester derby could impact on the clubs' next three years"

"There have been many twists and turns but this is the game that will define the destination of the title.
There might still be big matches to play but surely, even in this craziest season, the winner of this match will go on and win the title?

"But I wonder if it’s even more important than that. Because for me it’s all about authority: authority in Manchester, authority in the Premier League and authority in English football.

"Imagine what it would mean to Manchester City if they could win and go on to win the league? It would give the club and their players the sense of entitlement, confidence and belief that only comes with winning a title. Doing so against United would only add to that renewed sense of authority in the city and in the Premier League.

"They would have a hardness and toughness from staying the course over 38 games that would be added to their undoubted ability. And that would serve them well in the future.
We’ve seen it with Arsenal and then Chelsea. Once you win one title, you often go on to win another.

Garry Neville - A **** of the highest order.

Was it not Evra who said earlier on in the season that "if City win the title it will be hard to stop them winning many more"..

yet when we did win it was...." we will find it easy to get the title back from City"..

Hypocrites the lot of them..

samharris said:
Damocles said:
"Very rarely does a team run away with it"

"It's a tough league to win and the idea that a team will go and dominate, it's too early to start speculating about that."

"Manchester United have done it through the '90s and last 10 years, Liverpool did it in the 1970s and 1980s. It's very difficult to dominate over 15 to 20 years."

"The easiest thing to say, and I've heard it a lot of times before, is that City will dominate"

"If City had lost the league on the last day [last season] people would have been saying United will dominate.

"It happens every year, the sort of up and down reaction that we get. The reality is that there will always be a challenge to whoever will be champions."

"I think Manchester United will be up there again, I don't think anyone is kidding themselves over that."

"The manager being there obviously helps because he knows full well what it's been like to succeed, but also what failure has tasted like in this last 20 years - you can't win the league every year."

"The group of players that are there are also experienced and have been round the block so they know it is fine lines - you can't win every single game all the time and you will have disappointments. It's how you respond to that."

"All clubs have aspirations and Manchester United are no different. You realise that you are competing with other clubs and you can't be arrogant about that."

"It was the most calm tournament I have ever been part of. There wasn't a lot of euphoria or ridiculous expectation internally and externally."

"One day, as part of Roy's staff, I would like to be part of a regime that does win a trophy for England [but] there is work to do. I thought it was a good tournament. A good start, but we have to build on that now. We have to move forward to make sure we keep the things that were good in that tournament and improve on the things we can do better."

If I smashed my head against a wall for 3 days I still would not be able to decipher the bollocks of this

More condescension from a rag .(To paraphrase) Its not easy to runaway with league - really Its not easy to dominate for 15 to 20 years - really chelsea & arsenal will be challenging-really .thanks gary I am much wiser now
Well I have some advice for the rag rat .it is easy to grow a moustache it is easy to get hair to dominate your top lip

samharris said:
jimharri said:
Damocles said:
I'm not sure that not saying something is really a criteria to judge somebody.
Correct. The paranoia on here can be frighteningly rampant at times.

Paranoid?? no Jimbo..hes just a ****..
I've seen far bigger, to be honest (and no; I'm not talking just about that handsome beast who stares back at me in the mirror each morning). Hansen, Lawrenson, Catflap jnr, Merson (although he has somewhat redeemed himself with his ''lovebites'' outburst), most of the journalists working for the papers; all of them are bigger cunts at what they're doing than Neville is. Sure, he was a rag (sorry, still is) and he'd have been gutted to see us winning the PL. I don't think there's anyone on here who wouldn't have been the same in his shoes. As for him bigging up the vermin, so what? When Buzzer did the same after the 2-1 ''shinned'' defeat at the Sty, he was treated as a hero on here. As it happens, he's not gone OTT with his comments re. the vermin. They will be up near the top again next season (and will continue to be while they have their current manager).

Stopped reading when I got to this bit: "If City had lost the league on the last day [last season] people would have been saying United will dominate.
I don't think so neville.

What the fuck is wrong with people on here.. Gary neville is the biggest city hating **** in my lifetime.. theres a reason hes called ratboy and now that hes a good pundit everyone seems to forget what a snivelling little weasel he is..

Would the same go for Roy Keane too if he was a good pundit ??

He is still a man u arsewipe and always will be...

Never forget when he pretended to warm up so that he could taunt the city fans??

I wont...!! yes hes a good pundit but hes also in a position where bias is frowned upon..And hes got bias by the truckload.

United have dominated for the last 20 years but according to him..

""Very rarely does a team run away with it," the ex-Manchester United defender Neville told BBC Sport.

He added: Manchester United have done it through the '90s and last 10 years, Liverpool did it in the 1970s and 1980s. It's very difficult to dominate over 15 to 20 years.

I suggest that people read this^^^^ slowly and then you will see the hypocrisy in it..

So united dominated the 90's liverpool dominated in the 70/80s, yet he goes on to say.
""It's a tough league to win and the idea that a team will go and dominate, it's too early to start speculating about that."

Contradiction overload.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.