New 2013/14 City kits!

Caveman said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
black mamba said:
Ooh dear , 'starting to pull already, and lettering fading' .... that doesn't sound too good ,does it ?

Have seen plenty of City fans wearing them around South Manchester though , they appear to be a popular buy!

I know it might seem pretty petty thing to moan about but come on £50-60 you don't want to be walking around looking like a tramp wearing a football shirt that looks like it's been bought from China out of the back of someone's car boot after a week of wearing the thing!

I've not seen that many as of yet but saw a few people wearing both the home and away shirt at Chappy's testimonial the other week!
It's not petty, for that price you'd expect a high quality garment but they simply aren't. The kits look nice, so fair play to the designers, but some of the shirts had pulls on them on he hangers in the shop the other week. Sub-standard. I think I'll just save a picture of them on my phone and admire seeing the players in them. Doubt I'll be buying them.

As it goes I actually didn't like the last two home shirts Umbro did for us, didn't like the black details at all on last year's and didn't like the Bluemoon soundwave gimmick the year before. But at least they were high quality garments.

This was the last home shirt I bought:
Mancity10_5F00_home_5F00_m.jpg

...our best home kit for decades; great look, great quality garment, good sports feel to it, really good little details here and there (the invisible stripes, the different stretchy/clingy material of the arms, the scarf inside the collar etc.), plus it had white shorts and sky/maroon socks.
I have to agree its a great shirt I have one myself

ManCityHSS0910.jpg

leopold said:
It's not only the most comfortable City shirt I've ever had, it's one of the most comfortable tops I have, too.

EXACTLY! My match attire since it came out and will be again this season. STILL looks like new and has been worn to every City game I've attended for FOUR seasons (seasoncard holder).
Gentle wash, no spin dryer, no iron....no pubs, no chippy teas, no curries, no shopping trips, no holidays, either!

Material is TOP CLASS. Fit is TOP CLASS. Traditional colors are TOP CLASS! Only thing that could possibly have made it better would have been the white bands on the sleeves, but it actually looks great without them!

ChicagoBlue said:
ManCityHSS0910.jpg

leopold said:
It's not only the most comfortable City shirt I've ever had, it's one of the most comfortable tops I have, too.

EXACTLY! My match attire since it came out and will be again this season. STILL looks like new and has been worn to every City game I've attended for FOUR seasons (seasoncard holder).
Gentle wash, no spin dryer, no iron....no pubs, no chippy teas, no curries, no shopping trips, no holidays, either!

Material is TOP CLASS. Fit is TOP CLASS. Traditional colors are TOP CLASS! Only thing that could possibly have made it better would have been the white bands on the sleeves, but it actually looks great without them!
This is a beautiful kit.

ChicagoBlue said:

You treat yours better than I do mine, but it's worn really well and it still looks pretty good despite the modicum of abuse it gets. And I keep wearing it because it's my lucky shirt!

Purchased my new city home shirt today,I really like it. Nice fit and the colour is spot on,better than last season imo

I'm still stuck in a nostalgic timewarp - probably always will be - so anything with Brother as the sponsor will always get the nod of approval in my book.......interesting to see Brother have teamed up with Fulham as well.

Regarding the new kit(s) though, yeah not too shabby but the best 'recent' kit for me would be the 2009/10 effort.

davymcfc said:
ChicagoBlue said:
ManCityHSS0910.jpg

leopold said:

This is a beautiful kit.

Couldn't agree more. Such a shame we have fired off Umbro. They have done some great kits second time round, was not so impressed first time when they were doing Utd as well.

Does anyone know where this can be purchased from?

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
I've not yet got round to picking up the new shirts yet and it's unlikely I'll be getting one anytime soon especially at £50!

My mate bought the home shirt which I hadn't seen up close but thought it looked great that was til I saw the shirt my mate had on it really did disappoint. I think I had grown accustomed to the Umbro cotton style shirts but now the nike one's look like the old school cheap 90's replica shirts and they don't even have the breathing holes on the side like the players shirts. On top of that my mate has said it's already starting to pull and the lettering on ETIHAD has started to fade after 2 washes!
It seems very poor work have gone into these shirts and for a cost of £50-60 is a bit of a joke really on Nike's behalf considering the quality of the past 3 Umbro kits! Is it just me or do they look cheap and tacky to anyone??

They do look 'plasticky' compared to the Umbro 'cottony' shirts. The quality can only be seen after two or three washes! If they start falling apart . . . . . . . . , well!

Was a toss up between the home and away shirt, so I thought 'fuck it' and ordered them both. Away was sent in the post and the home shirt was being picked up by my mate at the city store today. Hope they're worth it as I've heard good and bad reports.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.