New 2013/14 City kits!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
BandwagonJumper said:
invisableman said:
Anyone wanna buy a Player version shirt size small men's ? as its too small for me, pm me

9555941721_a69aa6992d_c.jpg

Where did you get the player version kit??

I second this!! Where did you manage to find this???

Ha ha, I also have a player issued shirt. It's exactly the same as the replica apart from the air holes from what I can make out. They also pull for no apparent reason.

Dynamo11 said:
Made an effort on Monday to go to the City Store prior to the match and check out the shirts to see whether it was worth getting one, I was simply shocked at the poor quality. The badge in particular, on the Umbro shirts they were completely embroidered and looked great. Now it's a shaped piece of cloth which the badge has been sewn into, looks terrible and cheap. I for one won't be getting a home shirt for this reason alone, don't get me started on the price (more for less anyone?). I did like the Black Away kit though, maybe an option for late next year when the price comes down. Until then my 11/12 Home and 12/13 3rd Away will suit me just fine.

Pretty much my view too. The black kit actually looks decent in the flesh, but the home is shocking. It's the general cheapness to the whole range that ruins it.

The kids kits are even worse. The badges look like stickers

the costs of the kits are high so it is the first time I am not getting a top myself, I have just bought the black goalkeeper kit for my son. The goalkeeper kit situation is ridiculous, they brought out the black one and the green one at the same time. my son didn't want the green one as he had last years green one and wanted a change. I contacted merchandising at city (as kitbag had no clue what i was talking about and what my concerns were) when they released the black away kit to see why the yellow goalkeeper kit was not on sale yet even though Joe Hartwas in all the pictures of the launch of the away kit wearing a yellow one.

I also asked when it was likely he would wear the black one as he would wear the green one at home, and couldn't wear the black one with our away kit. Joe also wore a purple one in pre season. I was told that they were not going to sell the yellow one but might release the purple one late summer.

I went to buy the black goalkeeper one anyway as my son really liked the look of it. When i arrived at the store they had already run out of shorts in his size and the socks, I was told to order them online, I therefore purchased the top with Hart on the back and went home to order the rest of it online only to find out that they are actually not selling the socks that go with the black goalkeeper kit and they recommended I just went to a local shop and bought a pair of black Nike socks. I presume the socks that Hart will wear with this black kit (if he ever wears it) will have a green Nike tick to match the tick on the shorts and top but I will not be able to get socks like that in any shop, therefore he can't have the full kit, so why bother selling it in the store it he first place.

To make it worse, Monday night comes and Joe Hart runs out in a yellow goalkeeper kit that no one can buy.

mcfc_ms said:
Dynamo11 said:
Made an effort on Monday to go to the City Store prior to the match and check out the shirts to see whether it was worth getting one, I was simply shocked at the poor quality. The badge in particular, on the Umbro shirts they were completely embroidered and looked great. Now it's a shaped piece of cloth which the badge has been sewn into, looks terrible and cheap. I for one won't be getting a home shirt for this reason alone, don't get me started on the price (more for less anyone?). I did like the Black Away kit though, maybe an option for late next year when the price comes down. Until then my 11/12 Home and 12/13 3rd Away will suit me just fine.

Pretty much my view too. The black kit actually looks decent in the flesh, but the home is shocking. It's the general cheapness to the whole range that ruins it.

This is why people are shipping them in cheaper from elsewhere see my pic above, even the kids ones have proper badges same as adults and alot cheaper

hughes' blue rinse said:
the costs of the kits are high so it is the first time I am not getting a top myself, I have just bought the black goalkeeper kit for my son. The goalkeeper kit situation is ridiculous, they brought out the black one and the green one at the same time. my son didn't want the green one as he had last years green one and wanted a change. I contacted merchandising at city (as kitbag had no clue what i was talking about and what my concerns were) when they released the black away kit to see why the yellow goalkeeper kit was not on sale yet even though Joe Hartwas in all the pictures of the launch of the away kit wearing a yellow one.

I also asked when it was likely he would wear the black one as he would wear the green one at home, and couldn't wear the black one with our away kit. Joe also wore a purple one in pre season. I was told that they were not going to sell the yellow one but might release the purple one late summer.

I went to buy the black goalkeeper one anyway as my son really liked the look of it. When i arrived at the store they had already run out of shorts in his size and the socks, I was told to order them online, I therefore purchased the top with Hart on the back and went home to order the rest of it online only to find out that they are actually not selling the socks that go with the black goalkeeper kit and they recommended I just went to a local shop and bought a pair of black Nike socks. I presume the socks that Hart will wear with this black kit (if he ever wears it) will have a green Nike tick to match the tick on the shorts and top but I will not be able to get socks like that in any shop, therefore he can't have the full kit, so why bother selling it in the store it he first place.

To make it worse, Monday night comes and Joe Hart runs out in a yellow goalkeeper kit that no one can buy.
That's a bit shit really for want of a better word, it means alot to kids to have every piece of kit the same as their heroes, I was the same when I was smaller, full kit should be made available, so I'm guessing you just have the shirt and shorts so far?

mcfc_ms said:
Dynamo11 said:

The infant kits had sticker badges on the first umbro home shirt.

citykev28 said:
mcfc_ms said:
Dynamo11 said:

Its not only the badge that is shocking about the infants kits under Nike. They feel like they are made out of tracing paper.
The later Umbro infant kits were miniature versions of the full kits.

invisableman said:
hughes' blue rinse said:

That's a bit shit really for want of a better word, it means alot to kids to have every piece of kit the same as their heroes, I was the same when I was smaller, full kit should be made available, so I'm guessing you just have the shirt and shorts so far?

yes, just got the shirt and shorts so far. it was a bit annoying really as they said they did the socks but Had sold out so to order them on line. If I knew at the time that they weren't selling the full kit I probably wouldn't have got the shirt whilst we were in the shop and had anything printed on it and chosen something else instead.

I was told over the phone when I realised that they weren't selling the socks that they had to guarantee Nike that so many would be sold to make it viable to make them, surely they should still have provided some in various sizes in relation to the different size tops and shorts they were supplying, or at least made this very clear. I won't even go in to how difficult it was to order the shorts and actually get them. There should be a dedicated email address at city so that any complaints made to Kitbag are also seen by the club as I am pretty sure City do not fully realise how poor the service at Kitbag is.

Dr.Faustus said:
citykev28 said:
mcfc_ms said:

Its not only the badge that is shocking about the infants kits under Nike. They feel like they are made out of tracing paper.
The later Umbro infant kits were miniature versions of the full kits.

I agree that the Nike home shirt is shite, and I've got a player issued shirt. I just don't see the point in panning them for doing something that umbro did as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.