New Away Kit Revealed

the whole blue moon thing is fucking shite, the song is on par with the national anthem fucking boring, as for that shite on the sleeves its something a fucking kid would design, thats why its on there to sell to kids. wank

Correct on both counts! Need new song AND away kit! Well done, that man! And brave for pointing out how morose Blue Moon can be, even at the games, where one or two refrains leads to a petering out of the effort.

Always preferred "na na na, na na na na, na na nana, City!" Far more rousing and it has some 'istory with us from the glory years of 40 odd years ago!

It is clear that navy blue is going to be the away kit color for the future, so maybe someone can come up with some decent navy blue efforts we can look at?

img-thing

^
That was a belting kit. I loved that shirt.

Does anyone know if you get charged as soon as you pre-order the new shirt online? I don't get paid until Monday but always try and get them on the day of release. Bank charges reek of sucktitude.

Never been fan of dark blue away shirts .
Reebok were first to introduce the first all dark blue shirt
In the 2005-2006 season for City .

I have faith that in true typical city fashion we will win the champions league in this shirt so it is awkwardly immortalised in our history forever

the whole blue moon thing is fucking shite, the song is on par with the national anthem fucking boring, as for that shite on the sleeves its something a fucking kid would design, thats why its on there to sell to kids. wank
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this.

It's okay as a bit of a sing song when we're winning but I don't like our over reliance on it as a song to sing too much and I don't like the club's obsession with it. Plus I much prefer "The Boys In Blue" as our club song.

Songs should be left as a fans thing. All the Moonchester/Moonbeam, lights-out with a blue Moon in lights, "Blue Moon" tifo displays, Blue Moon centre circle banner, 'City Circle' holes, and now a Moon print on the kit...no, just NO! It's over saturation from the club on something I don't like the being linked to the club too much.

We are Manchester City Football Club, the Citizens (not Cityzens), from Gorton Ardwick MossSide and Beswick, planet Earth! This Moon shite is just stupid. We are not some extraterrestrial club with ties to Jodrell Bank.

Leave it as a bit of a fans' song to sing when we're enjoying a match and leave it as just that.

The club should be tapping into the local Manchester/Mancunian aspect more than the Moon. I'd rather have the Manchester skyline imprinted on the kit, even though that would be cheesy as fuck, it'd be better than the fucking Moon.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what happens when you introduce surveys and focus groups in to the creative process.

City send out a questionaire saying "Which of these terms do you associate with Manchester City" one of the answers is "Citizens" and some genius thinks, oh but if we call it "Cityzens" then no one will be in any doubt as to who it relates to. The result? A membership scheme with a bit of a cringy name that no one really likes.

Same with this kit, they\ survey probably asked, which of these do you associate with Manchester City, and Blue Moon was an answer, so of course, let's put a hideous graphic of a blue moon on the sleeves of the kit so it looks like a white trash T-Shirt than an obese mother from Westconsin would wear atop her elasticated pale blue jeans while she walks around Disney World.

As Noel Gallagher said about focus groups - they know fuck all about creativity. If you'd asked a focus group if they wanted Jimi Hendrix, they'd say no, and you'd just end up with The Carpenters and One Direction.

Wolves new away kit:

15_3451_base.jpg
Indeed!

Im confused.

If the kit is a ripoff from their template, then it's not good enough.

If the kit is unique, it's still not good enough.

Always preferred "na na na, na na na na, na na nana, City!" Far more rousing and it has some 'istory with us from the glory years of 40 odd years ago!

Even Kun Aguero prefers "Hey Jude" singing along during the 2012 League Parade.

Best away/alternate choice will always be this, trying to keep mine in good condition. Who gets paid more, kit designers at Nike or Umbro?
UUPuT.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.