New away kit revealed

Nike are ruining football kits with that bloody template kit..

Umbro and adidas kits are much better these days

2F9886BF00000578-3373027-image-a-14_1450950771521.jpg

city-crest.jpg

Don't really like the colours but I'm sure some will. What bugs me though is the badge, when I saw the monochrome versions as we announced the new badge I remember thinking they'd be smart on the kit; however I'd have thought the colouring should be the other way around. I.e. the text, the boat & the rose should've had the trims colour (yellow in this case) & the filler should've been left blank - when you fill it all in the trims colour it just turns into a big yellow blob for me, especially from any sort of distance.

Oh well.
I much prefer the monochrome badges as the cartoon effect and shading on the boat is gone and there's distinguishing colours used for the rivers section; nevermind the red on blue clash is gone as well. Pity about the shield being unable to change.

But the kit as a whole is still shite.

I didn't mind the yellow etihad on the red and black 11/12 away kit, love that top. The yellow writing and badge on this one however is rank.

The problem with our (home and away) kits is that they are so generic from a design perspective. It felt like half of the teams in the Euro 2016 played in a variant of these kits. Nike made it very easy for themselves to design just 1 kit and then simply changing the colours for all of their teams. I think a team that aspires to be among the best in the world should have a unique and instantly recognisable kit, not a simple mass product like this Nike crap. Besides that the home colours are just wrong. It is just not the real blue.

I don't really give a fuck what they wear when they are winning the quadruple, but whoever thought that the badge been yellow is acceptable must have suffered a massive head injury reccently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.