New Band Aid 30 record.

Bluemanc100 said:
wireblue said:
Bluemanc100 said:
If we thought that the money would never get through we'd turn into cynical fuckers like some on here...

Call me gullible but a small donation makes me feel better about myself

no offence, but the point of making a donation to charity is to help others, not to make you feel better about yourself.

None taken... It does both surely... I help people and also help my conscience

haha is that you bono?
fair enough - I suppose the end result is the same whatever your motives

nimrod said:
I cant stand Bob

If it wasnt for live aid and this kind of stuff he wouldve been forgotten 20 years ago along with his crappy Boomtown rats and theyre big shitty hit I Dont Like Mondays, I mean, how is he still so well off?

Its all bollocks, the real hero's are the aid workers/nurses/doctors who go out there risking theyre lives

any c**t can walk into a recording studio, especially if theyre in a chauffeur driven limo

So why don't the real hero's you mention come out and tell us not to buy the record ?

Maybe like me, any sort of fundraising to help dying people is a worthy cause. Regardless what you personally think of the motives. The fact is millions is being sent to help dying people already living in poverty us behind the keyboards can never imagine.

Everyone now are cynical and cold hearted about everything. It's just not fashionable to get behind a worthy cause. Grow some pride and applaud Geldolf for dedicating a lot of his life helping others and raising awareness - it's more than I or you will every achieve.

Juan King said:
BillyBonds said:
How come they're not leaping around over the 600,000 deaths a year from malaria?

It's not trendy enough. Ebola is all the rage at the moment!

Indeed, it seems that the only thing trendier than Ebola at the moment is criticising people for bothering their arses to do stuff for charity. It's not even cynicism, it's a warped and bitter perception of humanity.

nimrod said:
I cant stand Bob

If it wasnt for live aid and this kind of stuff he wouldve been forgotten 20 years ago along with his crappy Boomtown rats and theyre big shitty hit I Dont Like Mondays, I mean, how is he still so well off?

Its all bollocks, the real hero's are the aid workers/nurses/doctors who go out there risking theyre lives

any c**t can walk into a recording studio, especially if theyre in a chauffeur driven limo

He's so well off because he helped to start a successful breakfast TV production company (TV AM?) and I think he made millions from its sale. Anyhow, he is a clever guy and a very successful businessman.

He's also a guy who has had to suffer some real tragedy in his own life and brought Michael Hutchence's kid up as his own after his ex topped herself. That latter act (of Bob's) tells me all that I need to know about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.