New Beady Eye song - Flick of the finger

MCFC BOB said:
Markt85 said:
Bob, its really easy to find any song and find something else to compare it to and say they've ripped it off.
Considering Beady Eye are notorious for ripping off older artists and songs that have 'influenced' them, I'd say it's a fair assumption to make.

That's a cracking song from Beady Eye
It's not.

And one of the best intro's i have ever heard, 2nd best song on the album.
You can't have listened to that much music, then. Besides, most of that introduction has definitely come from Dave Sitek, who simply has more ideas than Gallagher ever has.

Just because you listen to little unknown bands all day doesn't make you an expert on music. What songs have Beady Eye ripped off that aren't a case of you finding another song that just sounds similar ?? Who are you to say that's not a great song ? As for not listening to much music , I spend 4 hours a day listening to songs from 60's,70's,80's and 90's ... I have nearly every Bob Dylan album and am obsessed with Rolling Stones, Beatles and Bowie. So don't give me crap about me not listening to music ... And all them artists I have mentioned have all ripped off or been influenced by other artists and songs, so are they shit aswell ? I never credited the intro to Liam, he's just a fucking brilliant front man that delivers great songs time and time again. Dave Sitek has done a brilliant job of making this album great which you just find so hard to swallow. Now go back to your room and listen to Fuck Buttons or whatever super cool music you listen to.

Markt85 said:
Just because you listen to little unknown bands all day doesn't make you an expert on music.
I don't listen to bands nobody has heard of. Nobody listens to any band that is unheard of.

What songs have Beady Eye ripped off that aren't a case of you finding another song that just sounds similar.
You've covered your own arse there. No matter what song I say Beady Eye (or Oasis for that matter) have ripped off, you'll simply disagree to suit your own argument.

Who are you to say that's not a great song ?
Who are you to say it's the best intro?

As for not listening to much music , I spend 4 hours a day listening to songs from 60's,70's,80's and 90's ... I have nearly every Bob Dylan album and am obsessed with Rolling Stones, Beatles and Bowie. So don't give me crap about me not listening to music
There are better intros out there than Shine A Light.

And all them artists I have mentioned have all ripped off or been influenced by other artists and songs, so are they shit aswell ?
There's nothing wrong with showing your influences, but there is a problem with unimaginative copying.

I never credited the intro to Liam, he's just a fucking brilliant front man that delivers great songs time and time again.
'Every now and again' would be more appropriate.

Dave Sitek has done a brilliant job of making this album great which you just find so hard to swallow.
He's done the best he can with Beady Eye, I'll say that much.

Now go back to your room and listen to Fuck Buttons or whatever super cool music you listen to.
You should check out Dave Sitek's band, TV On the Radio, if you haven't already. Nobody's heard of them so you'll be cool like me.

As far as the current hugely famous female pop artist goes (please, before you read on, think of how much you dislike the output of Adele, Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea), I think Lady Gaga is far more interesting and far more talented than her radio singles would have you believe.

Take 5 minutes out to enjoy this rock ballad that she wrote and performed herself. She plays piano on this track:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YMaIGJrkU[/youtube]

It's not on the level of, say, Fiona Apple, Laura Marling, St. Vincent or Regina Spektor, but it's certainly enough to convert a few Gaga-haters into believers.

How the fuck has a thread that could be about Beady Eye fans talking about Beady Eye turned into Bob talking about how great Lady Gaga is?

Back on topic.

Liam Gallagher is a buzz, he's got a great name and he's playing Manchester on my birthday in November.

MCFC BOB said:
As far as the current hugely famous female pop artist goes (please, before you read on, think of how much you dislike the output of Adele, Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea), I think Lady Gaga is far more interesting and far more talented than her radio singles would have you believe.

Take 5 minutes out to enjoy this rock ballad that she wrote and performed herself. She plays piano on this track:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YMaIGJrkU[/youtube]

It's not on the level of, say, Fiona Apple, Laura Marling, St. Vincent or Regina Spektor, but it's certainly enough to convert a few Gaga-haters into believers.

She just ripped of Madonna.

To be honest with you BOB, you've quoted a lot of things that Mark hasn't even said there. You've twisted loads of what he wrote to suit your argument. For example, he said "one of the best intros he's heard" whilst you have claimed he said "the best intro there is". Simply wrong.

The age old argument with you music snobs who think they know more than others is that if what Beady Eye and Oasis do is so easy and has made them multi-millionaires, what exactly is stopping you from doing the same and setting yourself up for life?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.