New Beady Eye song - Flick of the finger

MCFC BOB said:
simon31goat said:
cracking tune cracking band,oasis will reform in the next 5 years imo and sell out every arena all over the world.without a doubt one of the greatest bands and one of the greatest front men of all time imo,beady eye are doing a good job some good songs on both albums,its a stop gap till oasis reform which is inevatable.just played gas panic live on familiar to millions what a tune
There are thousands of bands better than Oasis.

Like.

Thousands.
dont talk shite mate if you dont like them fair enough,i dont like alot of things but i dont say there shite

citykev28 said:
MCFC BOB said:
citykev28 said:
Aah, so you think you're band are better than Oasis but because Noel had a job with the Inspiral Carpets he knew where to get gigs, something that you aren't sure how to go about getting?

I reckon Alex Turner was pretty clueless with his band when they started but put his songs out there and enough people heard and liked them to make them a success.
That's not what I'm saying.

As excellent as I think Arctic Monkeys' early material is, they were fortunate in that they caught the wave of file-sharing and MySpace in the UK (Alex Turner directly references this in their video for 'Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor'). When they played at Reading & Leeds in 2005 a group of journalists hyped up their slot on a relatively poorly attended stage. Because of the hype generated by the journalists, they played to a particularly large crowd. From there, Domino signed them up and the rest is history.

Again I reiterate: it's not what you do, it's who's watching you.

But it's not is it? Oasis and the Arctic Monkeys haven't simply been lucky. People like the songs that they sings and therefore they have become incredibly successful. I can't play a guitar, sing nor write music. Hence, I am not a music star. You can, but not as well as Liam, Noel or Alex. Therefore, you are not a music star. You can be lucky to be in the right place at the same time as a promoter or manager but generally, you sell records because people like listening to your songs.

And you said you don't think I understand how it works!
you sell records because people like listening to your songs.

Well, duh, but again you're using the argument that sales = quality. Rodrigy y Gabriela can play guitar a hell of a lot better than Noel Gallagher but the latter is the bigger star; my friend here with the long blonde hair can play guitar a lot better than Noel Gallagher but he's not a major star either. Sid Vicious couldn't play bass at all and yet he was in the most influential and iconic bands of all time because it wasn't what he did, it was who was watching him.

Cher Lloyd and Cheryl Cole are huge starts at the moment but neither can particularly sing, does that make them better than say, Fiona Apple because more people like listening to their songs? Again, I will reiterate - it's not what you do, it's who's watching you.<br /><br />-- July 23rd, 2013, 5:43 pm --<br /><br />
simon31goat said:
MCFC BOB said:
simon31goat said:
cracking tune cracking band,oasis will reform in the next 5 years imo and sell out every arena all over the world.without a doubt one of the greatest bands and one of the greatest front men of all time imo,beady eye are doing a good job some good songs on both albums,its a stop gap till oasis reform which is inevatable.just played gas panic live on familiar to millions what a tune

Like.

Thousands.
dont talk shite mate if you dont like them fair enough,i dont like alot of things but i dont say there shite
But there are. I'm not talking shite. There are thousands of bands out there that are better than Oasis.

MCFC BOB said:
citykev28 said:
MCFC BOB said:
That's not what I'm saying.

As excellent as I think Arctic Monkeys' early material is, they were fortunate in that they caught the wave of file-sharing and MySpace in the UK (Alex Turner directly references this in their video for 'Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor'). When they played at Reading & Leeds in 2005 a group of journalists hyped up their slot on a relatively poorly attended stage. Because of the hype generated by the journalists, they played to a particularly large crowd. From there, Domino signed them up and the rest is history.

Again I reiterate: it's not what you do, it's who's watching you.

But it's not is it? Oasis and the Arctic Monkeys haven't simply been lucky. People like the songs that they sings and therefore they have become incredibly successful. I can't play a guitar, sing nor write music. Hence, I am not a music star. You can, but not as well as Liam, Noel or Alex. Therefore, you are not a music star. You can be lucky to be in the right place at the same time as a promoter or manager but generally, you sell records because people like listening to your songs.

And you said you don't think I understand how it works!
you sell records because people like listening to your songs.

Well, duh, but again you're using the argument that sales = quality. Rodrigy y Gabriela can play guitar a hell of a lot better than Noel Gallagher but the latter is the bigger star; my friend here with the long blonde hair can play guitar a lot better than Noel Gallagher but he's not a major star either. Sid Vicious couldn't play bass at all and yet he was in the most influential and iconic bands of all time because it wasn't what he did, it was who was watching him.

Cher Lloyd and Cheryl Cole are huge starts at the moment but neither can particularly sing, does that make them better than say, Fiona Apple because more people like listening to their songs? Again, I will reiterate - it's not what you do, it's who's watching you.

-- July 23rd, 2013, 5:43 pm --

simon31goat said:
MCFC BOB said:

Like.

Thousands.
But there are. I'm not talking shite. There are thousands of bands out there that are better than Oasis.
name them then go on

MCFC BOB said:
What would be the point? It's up to you to find them.
i listen to loads of music from different times 60s 70s 80s etc oasis had great songs and also had as many b sides that piss over most bands a sides,you dont agree so il leave it there, we all have different opinions on music and most things in life,

MCFC BOB said:
What would be the point? It's up to you to find them.

By the definitions set that make Oasis better than most, The Beatles can be used as they sold more records.

Westlife.

One Direction.

David Hasslehoff.

Japanese people we've never heard of.

Indians we've never heard of.

I must dispel a myth that circulates this forum: I do not hate Oasis.

Their first two albums are, for the most part, hugely enjoyable. They really were at their best during the height of Britpop. I don't think What's the Story? has aged particularly well, but Definitely Maybe has certainly lasted the test of time with quite a lot of people and for good reason. My favourite Oasis song ('Married with Children') is on that album and I've got fond memories of it.

But I blame Be Here Now for the demise of Britpop. That was the release that had everybody on the edge of their seats and it was a damp squib. From there, because of how successful the sound of their first two albums had made them, Oasis didn't bother to particularly change their sound or explore further creative avenues that kept their contemporaries consistent, groundbreaking and refereshing (Radiohead, Pulp and Blur, for example).

And that's the one thing that bugs me about Oasis: their lack of desire to grow. Liam and Noel have become slightly more creative with their new bands, but I can tell you now that the introduction to Shine A Light and the horns used on Flick of the Finger came about thanks to TV On the Radio's Dave Sitek, and not Liam. Neither Gallagher has much in the shape of ideas (Noel has enough to think of writing tracks like 'What a Life') and it crippled Oasis right until the very end because they couldn't sit down for two minutes and put their minds together.

Oasis dried up and they dried up fast, and unfortunately it seems to be happening to Arctic Monkeys. Bands that lack ideas and an ability to change eventually get found out, and I feel that happened to Oasis.<br /><br />-- July 23rd, 2013, 6:07 pm --<br /><br />
citykev28 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Well, duh, but again you're using the argument that sales = quality.

Don't try to talk down to me BOB, you patronising little ****.
I respect you hugely and wouldn't consider talking down to you, even if you do know fuck all about music ;)

MCFC BOB said:
I must dispel a myth that circulates this forum: I do not hate Oasis.

Their first two albums are, for the most part, hugely enjoyable. They really were at their best during the height of Britpop. I don't think What's the Story? has aged particularly well, but Definitely Maybe has certainly lasted the test of time with quite a lot of people and for good reason. My favourite Oasis song ('Married with Children') is on that album and I've got fond memories of it.

But I blame Be Here Now for the demise of Britpop. That was the release that had everybody on the edge of their seats and it was a damp squib. From there, because of how successful the sound of their first two albums had made them, Oasis didn't bother to particularly change their sound or explore further creative avenues that kept their contemporaries consistent, groundbreaking and refereshing (Radiohead, Pulp and Blur, for example).

And that's the one thing that bugs me about Oasis: their lack of desire to grow. Liam and Noel have become slightly more creative with their new bands, but I can tell you now that the introduction to Shine A Light and the horns used on Flick of the Finger came about thanks to TV On the Radio's Dave Sitek, and not Liam. Neither Gallagher has much in the shape of ideas (Noel has enough to think of writing tracks like 'What a Life') and it crippled Oasis right until the very end because they couldn't sit down for two minutes and put their minds together.

Oasis dried up and they dried up fast, and unfortunately it seems to be happening to Arctic Monkeys. Bands that lack ideas and an ability to change eventually get found out, and I feel that happened to Oasis.

-- July 23rd, 2013, 6:07 pm --

citykev28 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Well, duh, but again you're using the argument that sales = quality.

Don't try to talk down to me BOB, you patronising little ****.
I respect you hugely and wouldn't consider talking down to you, even if you do know fuck all about music ;)

OK babe, fair enough. What I don't understand though is why you constantly try to put them down on any thread where they are discussed. Is it because they are from Manchester and have a lot of support on this forum so you think you'll get more of a reaction?

You never seem to try to take any other band apart in the same way you do Oasis. Explain to me for example, what is wrong with Ocean Colour Scene (cue the knobhead of the forum popping up with some witty comment).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.