New CL Format | Thoughts after 2 games (pg13)

City fans probably aren’t the best judges of the merits of it. If you’d asked the same question when we were struggling to get out the groups for a few years running, it probably would be a completely different thread.

The reality is that we’re that good at the moment that any form of qualification that allows for the odd slip up and isn’t a straight knockout is going to be a formality and all a bit of a drag.

Not sure about that.
I haven't been bothered about the European Cup since they allowed second, third and fourth place teams in it, and judging by ticket sales, I'm far from alone.
I think most fans whose team isn't in the CL would love to be seeing top European teams. Those, like City, who have seen all three iterations of European Cup, old CL and new CL would would take the old CL out of the three. Interest drops when the ticket prices appear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.