New Club Survey

The club doesn't give a fuck about individual fans.

For every fan that's pissed off about something there's probably three or four other fans who will willingly take their place.

Venting on here about prices or ticket allocations or anything else is just pissing in the wind. Nobody's listening and nothing will get done.

Stop moaning about ever little thing. If you can't afford the prices, tough shit. If you don't have enough points, again tough titty.

The situation is as I've described it. Grow up and stop thinking the world owes you a living. It doesn't.

Never do surveys.

Cut down the amount of time you spend on this echo chamber.

Don't eat the yellow snow.

I think that's just about covered everything I wanted to say for now.

You are right.

We’ll see after the North stand meeting. That is the current acid test for the club and the fan representatives. I’m hoping the club have listend to what the fans want the North stand to be and will deliver on that, even though I have serious doubts the club will.

But if the fans stopped questioning the club about every issue that effects the fans, the club would have a free run on every issue that does effect the fans. The fans need a voice, regrdless of how loud and in/effective that voice is.

The fans aren’t in the boardroom. The club have a meeting with City Matters every 3 months in a suite. I’m assuming in the Colin Bell stand or at the CFA?

These are the people who attended the last meeting.

View attachment 116808

It was the club who ended the face to face meetings with the fans.
There were no meetings at all with the fans for a long time. The fans discontent about that became such that the club decided (had no choice, but) to set up City Matters so there was visible dialogue between the club and fan ‘representatives’.
Apart from Danny Wilson I haven’t heard of any of the 14 other club representatives

Apart from Danny Wilson I haven’t heard of any of the 14 other club representatives
I’ve met Danny Wilson and Francine and heard the names of some of the others, although that might be from reading the minutes of CM Meetings.
But then I haven’t met any of the City Matters fan members apart from Kevin Parker. Although I may have met them without knowing their names when I used to travel to away matches.

I've deleted it as it's all just pointless but, now I've just thought do these go to all Citizens or just ST holders?
I don't receive any. I unsubscribed from all marketing and news emails, so the only email communication I receive is regarding my season card renewal and purchase receipts for additional tickets
I'm extremely cynical and believe the surveys are emotionally loaded so you don't give a true opinion

The annual hike in SC pricing and scandalous matchday ticket prices, when working people are struggling to pay their bills, tells me we have a problem.

The shameful dismissal of the excellent report compiled by City Matters into the dangerous issues suffered by our travelling support in Istanbul, tells me there is a bigger problem.

The cosying up to bloggers, influencers and secondary ticket agencies tells me we have an insurmountable problem.

The annual hike in SC pricing and scandalous matchday ticket prices, when working people are struggling to pay their bills, tells me we have a problem.

The shameful dismissal of the excellent report compiled by City Matters into the dangerous issues suffered by our travelling support in Istanbul, tells me there is a bigger problem.

The cosying up to bloggers, influencers and secondary ticket agencies tells me we have an insurmountable problem.

I agree with much of that, but the last line in terms of influencers - that's just the modern game now and if these influencers are proper City then I enjoy seeing them getting greater influence and (frankly) money from the club. The more proper City we have in the media, inside the Club, platformed and given influence then it's actually a good vehicle for change. The problem in my eyes is that the Soriano era for all of its fabulousness in other areas has sidelined those voices and if they are the only ones who can enact change through the promotion that City help give them (and knowing a small bit about this, the club basically do fuck all comparatively) then I'll take it. Whatever gets us to the finish line imo.

The "influencer"-City relationship is another debate for another time but from the little I do know about it, they feel as frozen out as the rest of us in terms of the club working with fans. As an example, and I can't speak for the 9320 podcast because I just run the servers so don't know the ins and outs of everything, but I do know that despite being the biggest City podcast out there by any metric you care to measure it by, they've never been invited to a press conference, never had an interview offered from club people, never formulated any real relationship because its uncontrolled fan media who won't toe the line. In the same way, this forum itself I can't speak for but in my opinion has been treated as a red headed stepchild for many years despite originally being the single largest gathering of season ticket holders and "hardcore" fans online in a single space. I know that many other places of similar stature clubs are in constant contact but like the 9320 podcast, and I hope he doesn't mind me saying this, Ric has never towed the company line and instead treated this as a fan gathering space rather than "an influencer" space. It's probably cost him money and gladhanding and the rest over the years but the independence was more important to him than the perceived clout and it's one of the myriad of reasons why I respect him so much.

City want control. Control of messaging specifically and outside of that, they're not interested imo. They'll work with people who want to support their current message but the moment things start getting a bit too real then a "stick to the script" aspect is applied. The people who do work with them occasionally have to walk that tightrope politically because having no voice is a much worse scenario.

Unless you work for a major media outlet as an Uncle Tom City fan and earn your living off being the "well gee gosh" type of fake humble City fan that those sorts like and produce articles quoting about how bad it all is, then you're quids in. Like Colin Schlinder and his protege.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.