New Contracts (Kompany signs until 2019 - page 52)

Re: New Contracts

Merlin can have a long career with us because his style of magical football relies upon skill and guile rather than speed. So I think he can easily play into his mid 30's. Kun is younger and I consider is yet to reach his peak.

So if we have locked up both of them for years then that is fantastic news. It also has the added benefit of attracting other top players with the prospect of playing with Kun and Merlin.

Del_Bosque said:
Don't new contracts for big money signings reduce the amount of amortisation massively for the PL accounts

Boom

I also think, and this now is conjecture, that we will start to see loaded contracts in the same way you do in US sports to manage salary caps.

We need to drop costs in years 1 and 2, but from year 3 revenue will rise and continue to rise in years 4 and 5 so we have more FFP breathing room.

So playet X signs a 5 years £10 million deal. Thats works out at:
Year 1 £1m
Yeat 2 £1m
Yeat 3 £2m
Year 4 £3m
Year 5 £3m

This manages our wage bill in the short term and rewards loyalty.

Exactly the kind of stuff I want to read when I first wake up. Su-fucking-perb.

White_ninja_dance.gif

MCRJON said:
Del_Bosque said:
Don't new contracts for big money signings reduce the amount of amortisation massively for the PL accounts

Boom

I also think, and this now is conjecture, that we will start to see loaded contracts in the same way you do in US sports to manage salary caps.

We need to drop costs in years 1 and 2, but from year 3 revenue will rise and continue to rise in years 4 and 5 so we have more FFP breathing room.

Year 1 £1m
Yeat 2 £1m
Yeat 3 £2m
Year 4 £3m
Year 5 £3m

any panic on the FFPR front inside the club bud?

Fantastic news.

Although it does beg the question what of Kolarov, Milner, Nasri, and Dzeko. All have deals expiring in just over 12 months.

Thanks John. I thought Silva signed a 5 year deal in 2012 but Aguero only put an extra year on last year

aguero93:20 said:
Ric said:
Thanks for sharing Jon. Aren't both currently contracted until 2017 anyway though?
Hopefully 2018 now, I think we should get in the habit of renewing the star players every year to keep the vultures away.

Exactly, if we get our star players to resign every year then its a concrete in-writing way of saying 'F*ck off' to any other clubs. Without signing every year other clubs may think they have a chance, causing media disruption, rumours etc.

Good idea from the club.

MCRJON said:
Del_Bosque said:

Boom

Year 1 £1m
Yeat 2 £1m
Yeat 3 £2m
Year 4 £3m
Year 5 £3m

Silva is practically free now I imagine - 24 million transfer fee in 2010 on a 4 year contract which would be 6 mill a year amortisation. Then a new 5 year contract in 2012 which would split 12 million over 5 years, now a new one in 2014 splitting the remaining 7/8 million or so over 5 years (I'd guess again) which'll be about 1.5 mill a year. Sorry if my maths is wrong or I've not understood it correctly, hopefully someone can clarify

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.