New Contracts (Kompany signs until 2019 - page 52)

Re: New Contracts

BillyShears said:
Fantastic news.

Although it does beg the question what of Kolarov, Milner, Nasri, and Dzeko. All have deals expiring in just over 12 months.

Genuinely think they should all stay, exactly of the right quality for their places in the squad.

ColinLee said:
I wonder if it's to add extremely large 'sod off, you can't have them' buy out clauses?

Edit :- And yes I'm looking at you Real Madrid and Barcelona...

Someone else who doesn't understand how buy out clauses work

117 M34 said:
ColinLee said:
I wonder if it's to add extremely large 'sod off, you can't have them' buy out clauses?

Can you do a brief explanation of this? I understand the way contracts of athletes work here in the States, but I do not know how these contracts always seem so volatile for European football clubs.

Pokes28 said:
117 M34 said:
ColinLee said:

Can you do a brief explanation of this? I understand the way contracts of athletes work here in the States, but I do not know how these contracts always seem so volatile for European football clubs.

Buy out clauses work in favour of the player and the buying club only.
They set a price that states that the player must be sold if the given amount is offered.
So for example, let's say that we put a 100m buy out clause on silva. If someone offered us 100m we would have to sell him.
However, if someone offered us a tenner and we were happy to accept that price, we could also sell him for that.

They are not common place in England but are so in Spain due a law they have over there which says every player must have one.
Spanish teams often put on a huge buy out clause to stop other clubs from buying them at a cheaper price, but if they want to sell them for the cheaper price they are free do so.

Probably the same contract with bigger clauses.

£150 million for Aguero ?

£90 million for Silva ?

Brilliant news especially with world cup coming up and although they are top players if either or both have a storming tournament,it may have brought interest from the likes of madrid....

117 M34 said:
ColinLee said:

Someone else who's got his own head up his own backside?

If we make it £200 million buy out it does the job.

117 M34 said:
Pokes28 said:
117 M34 said:

They set a price that states that the player must be sold if the given amount is offered.
So for example, let's say that we put a 100m buy out clause on silva. If someone offered us 100m we would have to sell him.
However, if someone offered us a tenner and we were happy to accept that price, we could also sell him for that.

They are not common place in England but are so in Spain due a law they have over there which says every player must have one.
Spanish teams often put on a huge buy out clause to stop other clubs from buying them at a cheaper price, but if they want to sell them for the cheaper price they are free do so.

Ah, I see.

So Messis reported 200 Million buy out clause is of no benefit to Barcelona.

Thanks I get it now.

117 M34 said:
Pokes28 said:
117 M34 said:

If the player didn't WANT to move to the club offering the clause amount, we wouldn't HAVE to sell him at all. Get your facts right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.