New Council Tax Bill

Both my neighbours are empty homes. One has been unoccupied for six years, one for two years.

They turn up every now and then to do the weeding, it’s madness. Quiet though.
Have you ever wondered what problems they might have had in common that brought them to the decision to abandon their houses ;-)

Anyway it should be fairly straightforward for them to dismantle their houses and put them in a box where you live.

No they don’t because I got and applied for the 100% disregard on their behalf.
How would that work in your world?
Anyway using your mantra of what’s right by most people let’s fund services by making a top tax rate of 99% on any earnings over £200K a year and 100% Inheritance Tax.

Congratulations you’ve just killed the two top leagues in English football if not more.

Both my neighbours are empty homes. One has been unoccupied for six years, one for two years.

They turn up every now and then to do the weeding, it’s madness. Quiet though.

A house I once bought had stood empty for the 4 and a half years prior.

According to a neighbour, the old lady had died and her three children were dicks and were determined not to accept less than their inflated valuation.

So they basically waiting years until inflation brought the price down from their valuation to what a realistic price was.

No they don’t because I got and applied for the 100% disregard on their behalf.
How would that work in your world?
Anyway using your mantra of what’s right by most people let’s fund services by making a top tax rate of 99% on any earnings over £200K a year and 100% Inheritance Tax.
You have got some excellent ideas on what to do with other people’s money.
Your only problem is getting the majority to agree with you.

So I read Labour are now considering scrapping the poll tax reduction for single person households?
It's an absolute disgrace and hot on the heels of taking my winter fuel allowance because my income is slightly too high to claim "pension credit". It really shows the Labour party's total lack of interest in people who've worked hard and paid taxes for 40 years and have been battered by huge price increases for god knows how long now. It's becoming a struggle to exist never ind live. How about unfreezing the income tax thresholds??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.