New Council Tax Bill

I am band H, too remote and secure for the fire brigade to save it, too far for police to get to if it was being burgled, no kids, no library used, only service I directly get for my £450pm is my bin emptied.
The cheeky bastards even charge extra for green bins removal.
Not complaining though, God knows how high it would be under the old Rates system

I am band H, too remote and secure for the fire brigade to save it, too far for police to get to if it was being burgled, no kids, no library used, only service I directly get for my £450pm is my bin emptied.
Not complaining though, God knows how high it would be under the old Rates system

Can I assume you have your own library Lord Halfmist?

A universal tax that we pay for after being taxed - inefficient mess. Should be deducted at source, will improve efficiency and free up courts from having to stamp through court orders for folk who get into difficulties - although I’m sure the bailiffs won’t like the loss of that cash cow. For those who get a rebate it won’t be complex for the government to haircut the amount individual households pay based on their circumstances….the existing tax credit system already does that to a degree.

Once deducted at source the “bill” should go up by your blended income tax % so it’s cost neutral for the government but by more local council funding coming from us “directly” then the more they get held to account by us come local election time.
How would the 100% discount for mental incapacity be administered?

I live on my own and just discovered this week that I am not getting the 25% single person discount. I have been in the house for two years. I went online and filled a form in to apply for the discount, and explaining I hadn’t realised I was being charged the full amount. Not sure if they will reimburse me the money? Any legal experts out there?
I know that Cheshire East will backdate up to 6 years.
Try your council.

Pretty sure that you will get monies back as according to what I’ve seen when Martin Lewis going on about it should they ever have you in the wrong band you’ll be refunded the whole time you were in the wrong band.

I challenged my banding but they weren’t for having it, the bastards. Given my 2 neighbours are 5 bedders with integral garages and I’m in a 3 bedder with no garage, I can’t quite fathom that one out. And yep all in the same band. Bastards.

My sister successfully challenged her band about 10 years ago and got her bill reduced. No idea of the specifics of how she went about it. But apparently when the banding was first being assessed, it was common for them to turn up on a street. Have a quick look at the first couple of houses and assess the whole steet on the strength of it.

In her street and it sounds like yours might be similar, the end couple of houses on the corner are huge, four, possibly even five bedroom detached with double garages and large swathes of land on three sides. Whereas once the street straightens up, all the other houses are pretty bog standard three bed semis with just about enough room for one car on the drive.

But according to her, nearly 200 houses were banded on the strength of a handful of bigger houses at the end. I wonder if the same criteria was applied in reverse anywhere?

Most of it goes on social care. The fairest way would be to bill a child taken into care £2m at that time to ensure they pay for their own costs. Make it more simple so you can understand it.

My sister successfully challenged her band about 10 years ago and got her bill reduced. No idea of the specifics of how she went about it. But apparently when the banding was first being assessed, it was common for them to turn up on a street. Have a quick look at the first couple of houses and assess the whole steet on the strength of it.

In her street and it sounds like yours might be similar, the end couple of houses on the corner are huge, four, possibly even five bedroom detached with double garages and large swathes of land on three sides. Whereas once the street straightens up, all the other houses are pretty bog standard three bed semis with just about enough room for one car on the drive.

But according to her, nearly 200 houses were banded on the strength of a handful of bigger houses at the end. I wonder if the same criteria was applied in reverse anywhere?
I’m on a relatively new development (12 years old) of only 3 houses and they say I need to find an exact replica of mine to properly adjudicate. I’ve sent them similar size properties but those have been over 3 floors but in a lower band and the feckers say ‘arrr but they’re over 3 floors!’ Yeah but they’re the same square footage. Yeah but they’re over 3 floors I always get the retort. Round n round we go. Fecking madness.

S
Most of it goes on social care. The fairest way would be to bill a child taken into care £2m at that time to ensure they pay for their own costs. Make it more simple so you can understand it.
Some, not all, goes on social care but let’s use those words to stir up emotion.
Like I said, I am not complaining

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.