New Council Tax Bill

S

Some, not all, goes on social care but let’s use those words to stir up emotion.
Like I said, I am not complaining
I said most, which is true, and it is growing every year as percentage with the ageing population.

Without adequate social care the national health care system gets flooded.

I said most, which is true, and it is growing every year as percentage with the ageing population.

Without adequate social care the national health care system gets flooded.
Like I said I am not complaining, other than they charge extra for bins, under the old Rates system I would be paying far more than I do now.

I’m on a relatively new development (12 years old) of only 3 houses and they say I need to find an exact replica of mine to properly adjudicate. I’ve sent them similar size properties but those have been over 3 floors but in a lower band and the feckers say ‘arrr but they’re over 3 floors!’ Yeah but they’re the same square footage. Yeah but they’re over 3 floors I always get the retort. Round n round we go. Fecking madness.

Well good luck if you’re persevering Like most of these things, they intentionally make it so only the most persistent don’t get bored into submission.

If they pay tax then they’ll pay it otherwise they won’t. Do they pay it today? No system can be fair for everyone, you’ve got to do what’s right by most people.
No they don’t because I got and applied for the 100% disregard on their behalf.
How would that work in your world?
Anyway using your mantra of what’s right by most people let’s fund services by making a top tax rate of 99% on any earnings over £200K a year and 100% Inheritance Tax.

No house should be left empty by a buyer or property developer. The house should be renovated and a tenant found asap. There are 1000’s of people and families desperate for accommodation, with houses empty across the UK.

Why does England have nearly 100,000 homeless families in Temporary Accommodation and 238,000 long-term empty homes? Just part of a wider vacant total of over 650,000.

If empty homes rates is a way to push developers to redevelop and renovate their properties faster, it’s a good idea.
Both my neighbours are empty homes. One has been unoccupied for six years, one for two years.

They turn up every now and then to do the weeding, it’s madness. Quiet though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.