New England kit for Euro '24

It’s a gesture plain and simple. That’s our nation’s flag, the Welsh have theirs as do the Scots, Irish and Eire, what’s the problem.

Well quite, what is the problem? We’ve messed with it on kits before and it didn’t cause outrage then.

I don't believe Nike have done anything but decide to incorporate a cross as a nod to the flag, but colour it in line with the wider theme of the kit.
That's my main issue with it though. I think it looks shit. If the collar was white, it'd look fine. But as it is, it's a dark blue on a slightly different shade of dark blue, with a bunch of other quite similar colours. It looks crap.

But yeah, the hysteria surrounding this is stupid. Someone on Talksport called it disgusting. There are plenty of things that are disgusting in Britain right now, so if you're choosing to get wound up by a slightly shit kit design, there's something wrong with your priorities.

Ridiculous decision to reinvent the St George's Cross. , the idiots wouldn't dare don't with the rainbow flag and rightly so. But what gives some dick head marketing fella in Nike the right to change something thing that isn't theirs to change!

Ridiculous decision to reinvent the St George's Cross. , the idiots wouldn't dare don't with the rainbow flag and rightly so. But what gives some dick head marketing fella in Nike the right to change something thing that isn't theirs to change!
It’s just an interpretative design. The amount of publicity it’s caused will get said marketing fella a handsome raise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.