New fans/tourists are embarrassing

Timmmmahhhh said:
BlueHerts said:
Timmmmahhhh said:
Not sure if has been mentioned as I haven't read the whole thread but there were 4 people sat in front of me in 109, 3 lads and a girl, all cockneys, all not the type of people you'd usually get in 109.

One was a "life long" City fan, one a City fan who was at his first game (early to mid 30's), the girl wasn't interested and the other lad was "not interested in football but if I did support a team it would be Man U".

All 4 complained through out the match, the rain, the seats, the view, the swaering etc.

One out of the 4 celebrated the first goal, all 4 left before the end.

Just hope regular or genuine fans who wanted tickets weren't unable to get them because oif these 4.

Met a lad down here, born and bred St Albans but Dad was from Manchester and he supports City, never been to a game (he's 30) as to be fair he wouldn't head up on his own, brought him last night. He complained about the 'Manchester' weather I told him he was only whining because they didn't do shandy or a decent chardonnay in the bar. I'll ensure he is aware he isn't welcome again.
Also in a 'cock waving who's the bestest fan' first for me, can I claim points for staying to the end despite having a 3 hour drive down south afterwards? Or does the drive down south cancel out the staying to the end?

I think you're taking what I said the wrong way, I'm not knocking they guys that claimed to be a City fans, he even had a scarve, people have different circumstances etc.

My posts was aimed at those who could have stopped fans that were genuinely interested in going but couldn't because of the couple of people in front of me.

However as it was pointed out a few posts later, it wasn't a sell out, so I can't grumble.

So get down of your high horse and put your tampon back in.

....and if you'd taken my 'Manchester weather' and 'chardonnay' comments you'd have realised it was tongue in cheek. This lad I was with had a scarf on too, nice half and half one - bought it in the store, took loads of pictures of him wearing it during the game. He was thrilled.

daveduke67 said:
sweynforkbeard said:
Last night someone in the same row as me earned less than £95,000 per annum. I am most unhappy about this.

Net or gross?

A chap I'd never seen before sat next to me -I got the distinct feeling he may have been a 'plastic' so I thought I'd ask him a couple of questions and check out his credentials.

ME - Lets hope we do a bit better than our last CL home game.
HIM - I hope so, I didn't actually see it as I was rushed into hospital that night.

So nothing there.

ME - Did I sit near you at Wembley, you look familiar?
HIM - No, I wasn't there. I was in Afghanistan on my second tour.

Damn - still nothing to work with.

ME - Can you name the team that City put out against Accrington Stanley in the 1922/23 pre-season friendly.
HIM - What? No I can't.
ME - Ha - you're a plastic fan who know nothing about us and have just jumped on the City bandwagon. You make me laugh you really do.
HIM - Shut the fuck up dickhead or I'll smack you right in the face.
ME - ..........................

Not only plastic but rude too.
Brilliant.

mcfcliam said:
Now I know we need them to 'move forward as a club' but...

First thing I noticed when I got in the ground last night was the amount of tourists taking an unreal and ridiculous amount of photos, while wearing a half and half scarf!

One of them even tried throwing me out of my seat, claiming it was his, when his was clearly the one next to mine...this is my season ticket seat you fucking bellwhaft! His mate was infront of us so he wanted to be 'nearer' to him (?!?!?!?!)

Anyway, nearer to kick off, this group of about 15 people (all wearing snide City shirts) went to the front and had a big photo together and then started some chant of their own...WTF?! Why the fuck are you chanting something which has no fucking relevance to City whatsoever? It's like me turning up to Anfield and singing my own song!

The amount of times I heard this blokes' camera was doing my head in...I was going to sleep with the noise in my head!
with attitudes like yours i am suprised they didnt fu*k off let them enjoy rhemselves

BlueHerts said:
....and if you'd taken my 'Manchester weather' and 'chardonnay' comments you'd have realised it was tongue in cheek. This lad I was with had a scarf on too, nice half and half one - bought it in the store, took loads of pictures of him wearing it during the game. He was thrilled.

I didn't read it that way, my apologies.

And this was a lovely blue & white one, much better than half and half.

Another "IABBTY" thread.... (I'm A Bigger Blue Than You)

It's judgemental and stinks of hierarchy in the fans.

Just because there's a guy who's 65yrs old, White, and has a local accent.... Doesn't mean he's been watching City all his life and is a True Blue.

I met a Jamaican lad on holiday over there who's Uncle who's a manc got him supporting city when he was a kid and visited his distant family over in Jamaica.
This lad knew alot more about "our" club than myself quite embarrassingly and even though he'd only been to a few games live I'd class him as a true blue.

But oh wait, he probably came over to watch last night and took loads of pictures, decided to start his own chant and didn't sound mancunian.... He is vermin and must be exterminated.

Liam, sound guy when I met you but this superiority you send across on here is embarrassing... you are no more of a fan than anyone else, no matter how many loyalty points you have or how many away games you go to.

A good friend of our family is severely disabled through fighting in The Army, he hasn't been to a game for years... a massive blue - shame he just can't afford to go these days.

mcfcliam said:
Now I know we need them to 'move forward as a club' but...

First thing I noticed when I got in the ground last night was the amount of tourists taking an unreal and ridiculous amount of photos, while wearing a half and half scarf!

One of them even tried throwing me out of my seat, claiming it was his, when his was clearly the one next to mine...this is my season ticket seat you fucking bellwhaft! His mate was infront of us so he wanted to be 'nearer' to him (?!?!?!?!)

Anyway, nearer to kick off, this group of about 15 people (all wearing snide City shirts) went to the front and had a big photo together and then started some chant of their own...WTF?! Why the fuck are you chanting something which has no fucking relevance to City whatsoever? It's like me turning up to Anfield and singing my own song!
Piss and moan. .
The amount of times I heard this blokes' camera was doing my head in...I was going to sleep with the noise in my head!

mcfcliam said:
moomba said:
Everyone is a new supporter once.

For the right reasons though e.g. family

I can't stand United's plastics so can't stand the ones we're going to get/already have.

I wouldn't mind but hardly any of them have a fucking clue about football.
Would it be possible to post "the right reasons" for me
That way I'll disuade anyone supporting us for the wrong ones?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.