New fans/tourists are embarrassing

I know most of us hate the thought of these people who only support us because we're now a big name whereas most of us have been around through the bad times. Yes the Official Facebook page is cringeworthy.

But the reality is that it's these "plastics" that will bring in revenue from sponsors from their parts of the world, who want to be associated with our 'brand'. and that money will enable us to be financially self-sufficient but still able to buy players like Aguero, Silva & Nasri. So we need to grit our teeth.

The truth is, MCFCLiam, that people weill spend their own money as they choose, follow which club they choose and support that club in the way that they choose.

In other words - they decide what they do. You don't get to decide what other people do. That's the way the worlds works.

You need to get used to that or you will have a very unhappy and frustrating life. Unless, of course, you become "mcfcliam - ruler of the world". But I kind of don't think that will happen.

Cheers !

jameo93 said:
the worst one i heard after the match was "why didnt ballotelli play" the reply was "must of been resting him for saturday" then "doubt it dont think mancini likes playing him europe becasue he hasnt played the last couple of games either, if i was mancini id play him and tevez upfront against united becasue he always scores against them" WTF!!!!! Where do these people come from
the first part could have been me

my little sister asked why isn't Mario playing,I said i'm not sure
it wasn't till the second half I realised he was banned

But we have both been season ticket holders for a while so where do I stand in this situation

Should I be ashamed or start using my brain training more often

BlueHerts said:
OK, I might open myself up to a bit of abuse but here goes....

Done my time as a season ticket holder home away for years then a mixture of 2 kids and having to work shift patterns meant 'home and away' became a bit more ad-hoc, then the Pearce season finished me off, vowed that was it and couldn't justify spending all the money anymore. Sven comes in, re-invigorated I go to more games than ever but on a 'pay as you go' basis. End of that season work relocated me south just when it all goes off with the takeover, sign up to Bluemoon (because I miss the banter while I'm down here and finding out what's going on) but of course that means I'm a glory hunter as everyone who signs up after 2008 is a glory hunter....to make it worse use the name 'Blueherts' in the hope I can find local blues around here which I do (kudos Tueartsboots) but I have a southern username, damn me to hell. Now can't get to many games, when I'm north it's to see my kids primarily but this season (son older and interested now) it's possible for me to go more often and can time my visits to take advantage of both more often than not, not often enough to get a season ticket.
So long story short, I don't play the loyalty points game, I don't have a season ticket, I don't live in Manchester anymore and l definitely qualify as a daytripper (last night left work here at 3, got back home 2am), so I take a few pictures...I'm clearly 'on my own' as my mates are in another part of the ground and I get abuse for being a glory hunter and a tourist as I'm apparently in someone elses seat and wasn't there on Saturday. I wasn't at York or Mansfield either for the record but the way some people treat the club like somekind of closed shop is getting ridiculous, I probably don't go to as many games you do, I probably don't have the points you do but to make people in the ground feel unwelcome just seems faintly wrong to me, if the ground was full and people were getting turned away.....maybe but that isn't the case. Everyone wants the bigger ground and the atmosphere but to get that you have to get the people through the turnstiles, turning on other blues is hardly going to facilitate that and I still have my dulcet Droylsden lilt to at least placate people.

This isn't a rant at the OP by any stretch, just pissed off about last night and this seemed as good a place as any to vent my spleen. Cheers....
great post

MATCITY said:
jameo93 said:
the worst one i heard after the match was "why didnt ballotelli play" the reply was "must of been resting him for saturday" then "doubt it dont think mancini likes playing him europe becasue he hasnt played the last couple of games either, if i was mancini id play him and tevez upfront against united becasue he always scores against them" WTF!!!!! Where do these people come from
the first part could have been me

my little sister asked why isn't Mario playing,I said i'm not sure
it wasn't till the second half I realised he was banned

But we have both been season ticket holders for a while so where do I stand in this situation

Should I be ashamed or start using my brain training more often
Good point. I forgot about his Euro ban, and actually asked the guys in the car why he hadn't made the team. Fuck all to be embarassed about, as my whole life doesn't revolve around who is and who isn't banned.

Also, about new fans. Live with it, or ask the Sheikh to take all his money back and we can go back to being relegation fodder.

TheMoonIsRising said:
Was this in 114 saw them and thought fucking Hell well embarassed and then singing a song in another language
i was in 114 went with a mate im usually elsewhere in the ground but did a swap and went for the singing section (what a mistake )and to boot my phone fell out of my pocket and some smartarse decided to keep it ,thanks a fukin lot you tourist bastard,as i couldnt see that happening where regular season ticket holders sit.gutted about my phone delighted with result.p.s anyone know of a number atthe ground where theres a lost and found ? long shot i know.

Unlike Hertsblue i dont really have an accent at all so I'm used to dodgy looks from people at games due to not having the correct Mancunian accent, i dont have a Manchester post code, i wasnt born in Manchester, I have never lived in Manchester... I am a tourist in the fine City of Manchester, i best remember not to take photos, buy anything in the shop or open my mouth, in fact maybe i should stop going now

It is totally irrelevent that i have over 5000 loyalty points and have had a season ticket for all but one of the last 20 years, to go to a home game costs me twice what it does the normal Mancunian due to the price of petrol... i am a lesser blue, not worthy of going, maybe after thousands of pounds and hours i should give up because i dont fit any of Liam's criteria, if only i knew i wasnt welcome earlier i could have saved all that time and money... shit i even buy my dad a programme every game, only tourists do that... maybe i should be burnt at the stake before a match for being such a heretic, i can only appolgise and say sorry...

My mates and i were thinking of going to the Stone Roses gig in Heaton Park... i take it as we arent Mancs we arent allowed to that either... maybe there should be borders or a big wall put up around the fine City to keep all the none Mancs out... we are lesser human beings after all...

they're welcome but can they fuck off and sit further away from me please so I don't have to be offended by them? 3rd tier CB is good enough for them lot.

Ta muchly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.