New fans/tourists are embarrassing

Well this thread has made me think long & hard about a few things.

I've now decided to ban my Mrs from going to games. She's only ever been twice (the last two home games) and doesn't know the words to all the songs yet. She certainly wasn't there when we were shit either.

Bluebird1 said:
SWP's back said:
Bluebird1 said:
If we don't get new fans how will we fill a bigger stadium when we eventually extend?

Oh and I take photos at games, it's called creating memories.
No creating memories is what you do. Saving memories is taking the pictures. A memory isn't created in a photo.

Lol, Mr Pedantic, you know what I mean.
:-)

Cheesy said:

I've now decided to ban my Mrs from going to games. She's only ever been twice (the last two home games) and doesn't know the words to all the songs yet. She certainly wasn't there when we were shit either.

Possibly get her in on a medium rare breed bluecard?

Cheesy said:

Hang her.

I'll provide the noose.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
glen quagmire said:
SWP's back said:
No creating memories is what you do. Saving memories is taking the pictures. A memory isn't created in a photo.

Owned by a posh kid!

he's really on a pedantic "no you're not technically right" role recently :P.
I'm not posh!

I'm just better than you

;-)

Cheesy said:

wimmin shouldn't be allowed at footy - it's a working man's sport. always has been, always will be.

york away to this! said:
Cheesy said:

wimmin shouldn't be allowed at footy - it's a working man's sport. always has been, always will be.

The attendance figures would be very low in that case ;-)

glen quagmire said:
SWP's back said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
he's really on a pedantic "no you're not technically right" role recently :P.
I'm not posh!

I'm just better than you

;-)

You make me feel fuzzy inside, when you quote me.

you should leave fuzzy alone, she's told you enough times to stop touching her up.

I can understand fans who have put in the hard graft and supported the team through the bad times being a bit frustrated with new fans coming along now we are being successful.

But any success won't mean anywhere near as much to new fans as it does to longer term fans. That's not a dig at them whatsoever, it's just simply not possible to develop those emotions overnight. No matter what they do they can't buy the same feelings the longer term fans are going to have in the next few years (although perhaps City will find a way, Total Recall style!).

So with this in mind, they can't jump on the same bandwagon as you, that set off a long time ago. Just relax and let them enjoy it in their own way, they are not doing any harm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.