New fans

The way i see it is you would never of got this in the 70s 80s or 90s for that matter.
Football sponsership and global branding didnt exhist the way it does today.
When you go away on holiday you can get any game you want on the tv, especially the premier and Champions league games. Footballs moved on and we will be getting a lot more fans from around the globe watching us more and more with the success on the pitch and the Manchester City brand will grow and grow.
Saying that i think that City have allways had a number of fans from abroad, not as many as today but we have allways been a well known club.
We have got a great tradition and as long as the club keeps putting that message out there, i have no problem with foreign parties of people coming to our stadium and spending there money and learning about the club ie. Having the biggest club attendance in England, Big Bert and his broken neck, the only all English team to have won the league and a European trophy, the boys and Fans from 99 etc etc. If they learn the traditions and the way we think i dont think it will be a problem.
But for the sake of just supporting us because of the money and expecting trophies all the time they can piss off.
Welcome to MCFC but here, take this book of our history and traditions and have a read, if its not for you well go and support someone else.
Thankyou

Its these foreign recruitment drives that will ensure our club is able to buy the Messi / Aguero / Ronaldo and Shneiders of the future mate. The big boss isn't short of a few quid but he is a business man creating a global brand, he's not raising a puppy till he gets bored of it and sticks it in the dogs home. Thats what the haters will have you believe. He will want a return on his investment either direct or indirect means.

blue dallas said:
have them anyday over the serial FA and europa cup, no show 'FANS'

And then moan when they don't get semi or final tickets..Sorry the more the merrier. At the end of the day our great Sheikh,Khaldoon,Cooke want us to be a global brand and with that comes your new fans so to speak.

It's like having a shop and saying "Sorry , only locals can shop here" !!!

some of them seemed emotional especially that asian/american woman.

i love the fact we have fans like that.

they could have easily picked united, liverpool, arsenal and chelsea but picked us.

they're blues and i love them.

sixlashes said:
thepolarbear said:
ethan23 said:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/Summer-tour-SF-Blues

im sorry but this is just cringe. I know you say we need to expand our fanbase around the world buts its pathetic hearing these people, especially the guy at the end, it sounded like he was parodying us and then he goes on to say about how much he loves beckham.

I'll be seriously pissed if i ever have to sit next to one of these people.

I'd like some guidance here please to understand if I'm being labelled as a new fan.

I lived in Scotland all my life until I moved to Yorkshire for a new job a few years back.

I grew up supporting Rangers and I will always follow them.

Travelling 10 hours total to see them was too much and I wanted to see the Premier league so I chose City as my English team as: 1 they are close to where I live. 2 they have known to have good fans. 3 City are closer to Rangers than Celtic.

It pisses me off to think you and others label me as a new fan and I'm not welcome.

I can't help where I grew up but I now live here and have every right to spend my money watching City if I choose pal.

take no notice of some knobs on hear mate ,if your a fan of city no matter where you are from you,ll do for me

Here here-One of my mates travels down From Aberdeen every home game...Doesn't fucking matter where you come from,if you are a blue then you're a blue. Now I know some on here always bleat on about the rag support..Never bothered me that one jot because they have fans from everywhere and so do we.In fact I would suggest most teams do!

grandsolo said:
Some of you purists need to relax a bit. The club is gaining fans. There is nothing wrong with that and is a big part of the plans. So you don't like the "American" style of fan. So what? A fan who will support & cheer MCFC is good, no matter how you look at it. Manchester alone will not get us the global fanbase we need. And living in NYC, I can safely say if I see another scum top over here I'll scream. We NEED more Blues overseas. I don't see why so many have such a problem with it. We are a big club, we need a bigger fanbase.

And before I'm called a 'new blue' or glory hunter, I was born in Manchester, went to Maine Rd with my mom, dad & brother (who himself has season tickets at CoMS/Etihad Stadium along with his children) and I watch just about every match with other ex-pat blues over at the Mad Hatter in NY. When I go back to visit Manchester I go to whatever match is being played.

The fact that our fanbase is growing is a great thing. Embrace it.
Well said. I love the fact that, wherever I go in the world, there will be a growing group of fellow blues to welcome me and have a pint with.

[]

I'd like some guidance here please to understand if I'm being labelled as a new fan.

I lived in Scotland all my life until I moved to Yorkshire for a new job a few years back.

I grew up supporting Rangers and I will always follow them.

Travelling 10 hours total to see them was too much and I wanted to see the Premier league so I chose City as my English team as: 1 they are close to where I live. 2 they have known to have good fans. 3 City are closer to Rangers than Celtic.

It pisses me off to think you and others label me as a new fan and I'm not welcome.

I can't help where I grew up but I now live here and have every right to spend my money watching City if I choose pal.[/quote]
You will find a few fans on here will be of that opinion, but the vast majority are like me and have no problem with it. No explanation required.

Football support has become something anyone can do from their armchair. That's just how it is and city need as many 'fans', whatever the definition , as they can get to compete with the best. If they can put money in the club, however they do it, then we need them.

I sense in these snobby threads an undercurrent of pride, hidden beneath the scoffing.

Our foreign fanbase is minuscule, not even 1%, of most of our rivals. We have to do what we can to make up some of that ground if the club is ever going to truly compete on a level playing field.

All are welcome in my mind

Nothing to be ashamed about or 'cringeworthy' on that vid......reckon the op must have ahad a few himself to see that in it.....the two guys at the end seemed proper 'emotional'.....as in a good few beers, and certainly the white guy says 'beat Beckham'.....happy to have them onboard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.