New fans

I'm really getting sick of people criticizing others for not being a proper fan because they don't live up to their rules. "You can't be a fan if you're not from Manchester" or "You can't be a fan unless you've supported them your whole life" or "You have to go to games to be a fan". What if there was no club where you were born? What if you never had access to football for years and years? What if you live near the stadium and can't afford tickets but follow every game on TV and keep up with all the news? This isn't good enough?

The people in the video payed top dollar and probably more than you locals pay to go so a league game. They also paid all this money to see reserves play in games that don't matter. In addition it takes a lot more effort to follow them from overseas as it does in England.

For me there are two rules for being a fan:

1. Once you support a team you can't change, you have to stick with them.
2. You have to support them in the bad times as well as the good times.

thepolarbear said:
ethan23 said:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/Summer-tour-SF-Blues

im sorry but this is just cringe. I know you say we need to expand our fanbase around the world buts its pathetic hearing these people, especially the guy at the end, it sounded like he was parodying us and then he goes on to say about how much he loves beckham.

I'll be seriously pissed if i ever have to sit next to one of these people.

I'd like some guidance here please to understand if I'm being labelled as a new fan.

I lived in Scotland all my life until I moved to Yorkshire for a new job a few years back.

I grew up supporting Rangers and I will always follow them.

Travelling 10 hours total to see them was too much and I wanted to see the Premier league so I chose City as my English team as: 1 they are close to where I live. 2 they have known to have good fans. 3 City are closer to Rangers than Celtic.

It pisses me off to think you and others label me as a new fan and I'm not welcome.

I can't help where I grew up but I now live here and have every right to spend my money watching City if I choose pal.
If you weren't at York your no one on this board

No issue with new fans.

Except some the type you'll see on MCFC Facebook page, with comments like: "u need to sell lescott and wright phillips and buy messi, xavi, and ronaldo. then we will conquer the champions league".

Many are only supporting us because we have money and can fulfill their Football Manager fantasies if we want.

ethan23 said:
ban-mcfc said:
some of them seemed emotional especially that asian/american woman.

i love the fact we have fans like that.

they could have easily picked united, liverpool, arsenal and chelsea but picked us.

they're blues and i love them.

im sure they'd still pick us if we were languishing in division 2. i think not

And some may say that you're just a fair weather fan who only signed up here in 2010 and never supported City until they got good.

Would they be right too?

I'm pretty sure no one on this forum was around in 1880, born in West Gorton & has the original black/white cross kit top. So are we all gloryhunters?

To be fair, a shitload of people never even heard of MCFC until now. Most times when I tell people I'm from manchester, they say, oh, man utd. Before I take their heads off I have to educate them on the geography of Manchester football. We are growing. More people are learning about us. I got a fb link the other day from a friend of mine about the Etihad Stadium deal. This was on Yahoo Sports. It is happening. We ARE growing. This is the best time to be Blue. We shouldn't be elitist about who is a proper supporter.

I guess it's 'typical city': saying we are becoming a big club, then shunning overseas fans who are coming on board because we are a bigger club

ethan23 said:
ban-mcfc said:
some of them seemed emotional especially that asian/american woman.

i love the fact we have fans like that.

they could have easily picked united, liverpool, arsenal and chelsea but picked us.

they're blues and i love them.

im sure they'd still pick us if we were languishing in division 2. i think not

You can't be a real fan - are you a plant from Salford? You'll try and claim that 'unlike these 'new fans', you were at every game when we were in div 2 - but you know what, I don't believe you. I can't believe that anyone who found those US fans 'cringeworth' can claim to be a true blue. I for one thought it was fantastic to hear them spreading the work and they welcomed the English City fans with open arms.
You're just a sad bastard

If you dedicate more than quarter of your life to the club by whatever means you're fan in my eyes.
LoveCity said:
No issue with new fans.

Except some the type you'll see on MCFC Facebook page, with comments like: "u need to sell lescott and wright phillips and buy messi, xavi, and ronaldo. then we will conquer the champions league".

Many are only supporting us because we have money and can fulfill their Football Manager fantasies if we want.
That's just the mentality of those Asian fans. They say the same thing on every other clubs pages too. Unavoidably really

We've always took the piss out of the rags for this, now the exact same is happening to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.