New Food and Drink Vendors for the Ground and City Square | Edible coffee cups introduced

The craft beers won’t be sold in the concourse bars apparently, I was in the Seven Brothers bar in Media City on Friday night and spoke to the guys in there . Was told due to Heineken owing the franchise on the concourse they can’t sell there draught beers in them.

Heineken do indeed have the contract to supply the beers. However, it's the club who choose which of their beers they sell. Now selling only Amstel along with Dark Fruits, as that's what they want.

Heineken do produce some good premium beers, Birra Moretti, Deuchars, Lagunitas IPA, Maltsmiths Kronenbourg, Caledonian Three Hop, Sagres and Murphys. But seems the club don't wish to stock any of those.

I get it with cask ales, as if not sold on the matchday, any left is waste by the time the next game comes around. Besides, I truly doubt that any of the current staff 'looking after' the beer lines and such right now, would remotely be able to keep cask ales anyhow. But bottles and cans of the above are easy to store and serve.

Paper cups for beer is a shambolic idea, my pint was flat towards the end. Suppose it's good for the environment though
Got 2 pints of Amstel in them paper cups by the time the froth had settled on them there was actually less than 3/4 of a pint. Why not use the plastic recyclable ones they have used in the past.

The City Matters Reps need to bring up all the issues that have been raised at the next meeting with the club. Bar getting rid of plastic, which is commendable, they need to find out why the club has drastically reduced the range of food and drinks on offer to the fans on the concourses, along with issues like service, beer running out, food running out, prices(£5.50 for a can of 7 Brothers Beer) etc.
Seasoncard discount taken away as well at the bars

Heineken do indeed have the contract to supply the beers. However, it's the club who choose which of their beers they sell. Now selling only Amstel along with Dark Fruits, as that's what they want.

Heineken do produce some good premium beers, Birra Moretti, Deuchars, Lagunitas IPA, Maltsmiths Kronenbourg, Caledonian Three Hop, Sagres and Murphys. But seems the club don't wish to stock any of those.

I get it with cask ales, as if not sold on the matchday, any left is waste by the time the next game comes around. Besides, I truly doubt that any of the current staff 'looking after' the beer lines and such right now, would remotely be able to keep cask ales anyhow. But bottles and cans of the above are easy to store and serve.
Useful info there. Not sure how 7 Brothers cans are in the fridge then (may have missed explanation).

I'd love cask ale in the Etihad, but it would take too long to pull a pint and deal with old blokes like me whining about top-ups. Very rare to get cask in League grounds (plenty in club bars in non-League); got an excellent local pint at Colchester and Milton Keynes not long ago.

What gets me is these problems aren’t exactly hard to fix.

Look at Wembley. What’s the capacity there, 80000+? Yes it’s overpriced shite but I’ve never had a problem getting a pint and a bite to eat at half time there. For what it is they run the catering service very well.

I don’t go to many aways but when I have, pretty much every ground is better set up than ours. Even dilapidated shitholes like West Brom and Wolves have better catering than City.

It’s a total embarrassment and failure of competence from the club.
Every trip to Wembley, the place seems to run smoothly.

I love the attitude of their full staff n’all. My mate was fucking wankered at the Arsenal EFL final. Got to the front of the queue to get a beer and was refused, the fella serving said “you’re too drunk mate, come back in five minutes”!

Social media update from Seven Brothers. Let's see if it actually happens this time...

GOOOOAL! ⚽

You can now find a selection of our beers at all of the beer kiosks inside the Ethiad Stadium, including our Throw Away IPA made from up-cycled Kellogg's Corn Flakes.

Going to the home game next Wednesday? Keep an eye out for us and grab a pint!

Not getting why edible coffee cups are newsworthy as we’ve all seen people eat edible razor blades on talent shows over the years.

I think they now own all or part of Beaverton so Gamma Ray and Neck Oil could be added

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.