New highway code rules

Most vehicles gain nothing by overtaking a cyclist just before a junction, and more often than not put themselves at more risk of having an accident. Plus it doesn't do their fuel economy any good.
I've long since come to the conclusion that they think an accident is never a possibility and they don't give a flying fuck about fuel. I often wonder whether the car is actually theirs and the servicing and fuel is paid for by a third party. We might get a discounted bike on schemes like to Ride to Work one, but once yer've got the bike the cost is all down to you - tyres, chains, cassettes, tools, etc.

I've long since come to the conclusion that they think an accident is never a possibility and they don't give a flying fuck about fuel. I often wonder whether the car is actually theirs and the servicing and fuel is paid for by a third party. We might get a discounted bike on schemes like to Ride to Work one, but once yer've got the bike the cost is all down to you - tyres, chains, cassettes, tools, etc.
It's that 5 Star NCAP safety bubble that detaches them from reality. You get a completely different perspective on things when you don't have a safety bubble between you and the 2 tonnes of metal/glass/plastic/rubber travelling towards you at 60mph.

Congestion isn't about speed, it's about volume of traffic. Single occupancy vehicles on journeys of less than 5 miles take up the MAJORITY of the road space in out towns and cities leaving less room for everyone to move freely.

I've been overtaken by loads of vehicles only for me to catch them up at the next junction/set of lights because they've been stuck in queues of OTHER VEHICLES, not cycles. The vehicles that do end up behind me approaching junctions only end up joining the back of the queue most of the time whilst I filter through to the front.

A car stuck in traffic IS the traffic.
Remove the cycle and bus lanes, give the road back to the car and add additional lanes. Simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.