New highway code rules

I don't drive anymore but I do a hell of a lot of cycling and pedestrianing, and this sounds like trouble to me. Motorists stopping because they think someone might cross a road, and cyclists emboldened even more to own the entire lane results in one thing - even angrier motorists. I remember driving making me more angry than anything else in the entire world, and I know a car wins the argument every time so I try to cross roads and cycle in such a manner that even if I'm not seen I won't be hit. Treat all cars as if they're being driven by complete mongs (that should be the new short'n'sweet highway code book/sentence).
I’d add
2. Treat every cyclist as if they were a deranged psychopath

Walking to work today and there is a junction with two side roads left and right of the main A-road. 10 yds from there is a pelican crossing. Human can't be bothered to use the crossing, so approaches the corner of the LH side road and just strides out into the middle of the A-road. Nobody stops for him, so he just waits on the white centre lines until either a gap appeared or somebody stopped and motions him to cross. Buses, hgv's, trucks, cars etc all flying past so who has right of way in that scenario? I thought he was an arrogant twat, but that's not mentioned in the highway code.

How many people who drive have actually read the Highway code in full?

Think I read the chapter on pedestrians and never picked it up again

Odd thing about the new rules is you have more rights as a pedestrian now at generic road crossings than you do at a pedestrian crossing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.