New highway code rules

in reality the only time this give way to pedestrians when turning has an actual impact will be when you're up before the beak because some nob head with no road sense has stepped out in front of you. Until then things will just carry on as before

How is the road less congested if a car which can drive faster is stuck behind a bike?
A high percentage of vehicles are single occupancy vehicles on journeys less than 5 mile (maly less than 1.5 miles).

Slower moving moving bicycles are capable of moving a larger volume of people in a shorter amount of time in our towns and cities.

Remix 2022

“I've got a bike, and I ride it where I like.
On the pavement, on roadways
And the wrong way down one way streets.
I'd give way to you if I could, but I don’t give a shit”
'I've got a car, and I drive it where I like.
On the pavement in the cycle lanes
And through garden walls into living rooms and bedrooms.
I could drive with care if I wanted to, but I don't give a shit'

In case anybody was in any doubt, the human race has peaked and is now on the way down.

We are devolving rather than evolving, and this is just a small example.
That’s not what devolving means.

You can also not have an opposite of evolution. That it is changing at all, even for a perceivable negative impact, still means it’s evolving.

Largely positive from a cycling perspective. The publicity and social media engagement seems to have reminded drivers of their responsibilities towards the more vulnerable road users. I've had way less close passed the part few days.

However, some drivers seem to have taken the opposite view like the f*cking yogurt pot that dangerously and purposely cut me up last night on the way home. I was in the right hand filter lane in the middle of the lane, highly visible (lit up brighter than Liberace's Christmas tree) and indicating right. As I was bout 20 yards from the turn and with oncoming traffic the c*nt in question (scrawny bloke in a white van) cuts diagonally across the lane whilst braking hard and stopped. Had I not been quick on the brakes myself I would have hit him.

As the oncoming traffic passed he turned across the carriage way and shot off towards the next junction. Red mist descended and I shot off in pursuit hoping I'd get the opportunity to catch up at the next set of lights, which I did. He'd stopped smack bang in the middle of the advanced stop box, so I just casually pulled in front of him and parked my rear wheel on his front bumper whilst shaking my head at him. When the lights change I just set off as I normally would and he ended up sat behind me for the extra 30 seconds he would have been held up for if he hadn't cut me up in the first place.

Rope Walk.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.