New highway code rules

When turning, I regularly slow down well in advance of certain junctions where I know that is what people do to reduce the chances of that happening
They of course gesture in a friendly manner whilst pulling across to the other side of the road to overtake.
If only there was a new rule to make others think like this!

This is rather like covid rules, child discipline etc…

additional rules are not followed by those who don’t follow the existing rules.
No, but the extra publicity surrounding the new rule changes have reminded drivers of their responsibilities and from what I've seen so far if seems to be having a positive effect overall.

The brilliance of that comment was in the double use of the word Grifter (as to how your bike became worth more than most cars). I thought it was my greatest moment, but if I have to explain it, maybe not. Top 5 though.
I found a Grifter in the local brook that was obviously nicked and dumped. I took it home and hosed it down, and my dad did the honourable thing of reporting it to the police. After 14 days he got a call back from the police to say it hadn't been reported stolen, so I got to keep it.

I ended up completely stripping it down, cleaning it and fixing it back up again. Even the 3-speed Sturmey-Archer hub gears. Took a while and a bit of research (old school library books on bike maintenance), but it was well worth it.

I remember that thing being the weight of a small neutron star, but it was a great bike. Sadly long gone.

I found a Grifter in the local brook that was obviously nicked and dumped. I took it home and hosed it down, and my dad did the honourable thing of reporting it to the police. After 14 days he got a call back from the police to say it hadn't been reported stolen, so I got to keep it.

I ended up completely stripping it down, cleaning it and fixing it back up again. Even the 3-speed Sturmey-Archer hub gears. Took a while and a bit of research (old school library books on bike maintenance), but it was well worth it.

I remember that thing being the weight of a small neutron star, but it was a great bike. Sadly long gone.
Yeah, Grifters were not built to fly, which was a pity because Evel Knievel was popular at the time so they had to fly! Heavy landings, bent/snapped forks, hospital visits, great times had by all.

Yeah, Grifters were not built to fly, which was a pity because Evel Knievel was popular at the time so they had to fly! Heavy landings, bent/snapped forks, hospital visits, great times had by all.
Ah yes flying through the air like evil knievel until the landing! Snapped forks over the handlebars and the customary broken collar bone!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.