New home kit?

chase of spades said:
Ric,did you see the long sleeve version,is it like the away....as in shit?
Or is it just like a normal looking long sleeve?

We weren't shown the long sleeved version I'm afraid.

Saw the keeper kit though, and the soundwave is much more prominent on that.

Ric said:
chase of spades said:

really! what colour is it ric? green again?

Etchy said:
Ric said:
chase of spades said:

really! what colour is it ric? green again?

Yeah, dark green.

It's an abombination.
But I suppose if we win more pots this season, it will become a classic.
Look how many people still get nostalgic for the 99 play-off horror show of a kit.

Ric said:
chase of spades said:

Thanks Ric : )

I understand the logic for the blue shorts, we've got the black and red kit that obviously reflects our past glory and it was initially devised to inspire players because they were similar to the trademark AC Milan stripes. And now we've got the full blue kit to reflect the glory of... Er.... Coventry...

Anybody think anyh photos will get leaked after tonights show?

Did'nt a couple of photo's get leaked last time?

.......no i cant wait 9 days to see it,im curious!

Re: Fuck off Umbro!

chase of spades said:
Shaelumstash said:
Awful shirt, blue shorts and blue and white stripy socks, all confirmed by people who have been to the launch and seen the kit.

Fuck right off Umbro, we're not fucking Coventry.

As another poster has said, imagine United in red shorts and stripy socks. Or AC Milan in Black and red checkerboard shirts with orange shorts and green socks. It wouldn't happen as that is not their colours.

City play in blue shirts, white shorts and blue socks. You don't fuck with that. Our first fucking season in the CL, the whole of Europe's eyes will be on us and we're wearing a fucking shite excuse for a Coventry kit. I'm fucking appalled.

I know some will come on here taking the piss saying it doesn't matter. Well it does to me. It's our history, our identity and they are fucking with it. The history of the club is important.

This to me is as big a deal as if they moved the club outside of Manchester or changed the Colin Bell stand to the Travis Perkins stand or something. It's fucking disrespectful to our history.

Calm the fuck down for fuck sake!
Jesus christ,if you dont like it,dont fecking buy it! End of!

It's not about me not buying it, i'm a grown man, I don't wear football kits. It's about the history and identity of the club. As another poster put, imagine Real Madrid unveiling a full brown home kit next year, or the shite having red shorts and red stripy socks?

It would never fucking happen to them and the fact that Umbro and the City commercial dept think it's ok to fuck about with our kit is fucking disrespectful and patronising.

Would you be offended if we changed our name to Manchester Etihad FC? Or if we changed the colour of the home shirt to orange? Or if we moved to a stadium in Liverpool? To me it's the same thing.

I suppose City have historically played in blue shorts before (I'm sure Gary James can give more precise details) but it doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Should always be white shorts in my mind, but maybe that's just my generation as that's what I've grown up with.

Ultimately though I'm not really that arsed, as I've not bought a kit for 15 years. I'm sure we'll get used to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.