New home kit?

blueshortshorts said:
Ric said:
Just back from the kit launch, can confirm that the shirt is the one we've seen, the shorts are blue and the socks are striped.

Blue and white striped socks?..any maroon in there?

No maroon mate.

bizarrely, I still have trust in Umbro to get this right. Im curious to how the whole kit looks like.

That said, blue fucking shorts...

dario2739 said:
Sounds as fucking dreadful as I feared... big bollock dropped by City and Umbro this year.

The thing that really gets me is that if you look at the top european/world football clubs - they rarely fuck about with their home kits - pick a year from the last 60 years and you can pretty much guarantee that the Rags kit will be same now as then - red shirt, white shorts, black socks, Arsenal the same, Barca, Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter and AC Milan etc, etc.
Look at ours and it's up and down like a whore's drawers!

Last season's kit was perfection - that is how it should be year in year out - I don't give a f@ck that last seasons home shirt was similar to the season before - firstly I don't agree that it was stylewise, but it was skyblue and white - that's what it should be... always! We should always wear white shorts and always skyblue socks, preferably with maroon trim!

I know in the modern game, with the FFPR to contend with, that changing shirts every year means a lot of revenue towards compliance, fine I can live with that! But let's be honest, how many adults buy the full kit - shorts & socks? Why not keep them for say 4 seasons, and just change the shirt every year?

Anyway, rant over and £45 saved for me this season!

Totally agreed. Umbro have really messed up this time. Love to hear what they think about this pre launch reaction. Only a few people seem to think its ok. I reckon some poor bastard in the head office will be picking up his P45 although the cynic in me thinks that some rag bastard has done this on purpose to make us look silly.

You can almost guarantee come next season the stadium will be full of people wearing this shirt, and the club/umbro know it.

Even with the rags badge on a shirt, people will struggle to stop their merchandise addiction and buy it.

I won't be buying it, haven't bought this years away either.

On a side note probably the best thing City could do now is to push the shirt sales in Asia and the USA as the UK sales will likely be at an all record low..well certainly with the adults anyway.

Fuck off Umbro!

Awful shirt, blue shorts and blue and white stripy socks, all confirmed by people who have been to the launch and seen the kit.

Fuck right off Umbro, we're not fucking Coventry.

As another poster has said, imagine United in red shorts and stripy socks. Or AC Milan in Black and red checkerboard shirts with orange shorts and green socks. It wouldn't happen as that is not their colours.

City play in blue shirts, white shorts and blue socks. You don't fuck with that. Our first fucking season in the CL, the whole of Europe's eyes will be on us and we're wearing a fucking shite excuse for a Coventry kit. I'm fucking appalled.

I know some will come on here taking the piss saying it doesn't matter. Well it does to me. It's our history, our identity and they are fucking with it. The history of the club is important.

This to me is as big a deal as if they moved the club outside of Manchester or changed the Colin Bell stand to the Travis Perkins stand or something. It's fucking disrespectful to our history.

Blue fucking shorts and a J-cloth stuck in our collars. Jesus wept.
Them coke snorting, non-symmetrical haircut, BBC 6-listening trendy design nobheads at Umbro should be sacked on the spot for ruining our title winning kit.
And I'm not even joking, either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.