New home kit?

Soulboy said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Apparently it's all 118's fault!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_H7yxOyjaU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

http://blog.umbro.com/post/manchester-city-home-2011-the-story-behind-the-shirt-begins/

CHEESE ALERT! CHEESE ALERT! CHEESE ALERT!

-- Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:14 pm --

I remember people claiming at the time that the reason why we played so shit at Arsenal was because of the yellow shirts!

What the fuck does the colour of a shirt have to do with how you play?

I know baconface used that as a reason... but we're better than that surely!
That was fuckin funny that, when they got annihilated down at The Dell and blamed it on that shit grey shirt they had, which to be honest was one of the worst kits ever. Blaming a 6-3 loss on shirts though - piss poor!

Soulboy said:
[I remember people claiming at the time that the reason why we played so shit at Arsenal was because of the yellow shirts!

We weren't in those days. Frany Lee changed to Lazer Blue because a sports physologist told him Sky Blue was a loser's colour. That's true.

Didsbury Dave said:
Soulboy said:
[I remember people claiming at the time that the reason why we played so shit at Arsenal was because of the yellow shirts!

We weren't in those days. Frany Lee changed to Lazer Blue because a sports physologist told him Sky Blue was a loser's colour. That's true.

Not like Franny to get it wrong while Chairman, eh..?

10.Goater_Legend said:
People saying Barca never change there home colours are wrong, they regularly change there home shorts from dark blue to maroon.
2008-09:
image-9-for-barcelona-v-manchester-united-gallery-96302720.jpg

2010-11:
Barcelona-2010-Soccer-Jersey.jpg

levets said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I was there then too. Was that the one when The Shamen played "Ebeneezer Good" before the game? Or was it the one when David White scored 2 in the second half? Both were night matches if I remember correctly.

I can't remember mate... was at them all back then... as you may know!

Just remember how stupid we all felt after booing them.... to then realise it's City... what the fuck are we in yellow for? Machin was the manager, so would be 89-90?

It was the 4-0 (and we were lucky to get nil!).

I heard at the time that Fyfes were thinking of sponsoring us, but that they'd want a yellow away kit as part of the deal!!

wasn't it something to do with the inflatable bananas ?

Anyway - we still seem to have a lot of yellow in our training kits.

I wonder what the soundwave for the collective sound of fans saying
'The new home kit is shite' looks like ?

glen quagmire said:
Shaelumstash said:
glen quagmire said:
I don't care what colour we play in as long as it's 'city blue'. It amuses me that so many people care what the shirt looks like or the colour of the shorts are!

I can see it now :

HUSBAND: "darling, can you make sure that my home shirt is clean for tomorrow as i have an important meeting".

WIFE: "Yes dear, although you'll have to wear the navy blue shoes as the brown loafers will clash with the etihad logo".

HUSBAND: "stuff that then don't bother i'll hand my notice in instead".

It's a football shirt, not something to wear to the office, a party or deep sea diving.

"I don't care what colour we play in as long as it's 'city blue'"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron

Not sure if that was meant as a deliberate joke or if you just didn't really think before you wrote it. Either way, I think it proves the point that you are arsed what colour shirt we wear. For the exact same reasons you are arsed about that, I'm arsed about the colour of the shorts.

You need to get out more lad!

Giggidy Giggidy Goo!

I know it's abit off topic but I can't make a new topic, can anyone tell me how many posts you have to do before you can do this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.