new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come back Umbro!

man%2Bcity%2Bkit.jpg

Shaelumstash said:
Dunne's own goal said:
wireblue said:
can't give you a pic I'm afraid but it is defo an all sky blue kit.

Yep. It has been presented to the players & it's all sky blue

FFS why do the club allow it to happen! Going off past threads on here, 90% want white to be included in our kit (for the shorts in particular) and the club / designers just don't give a flying fuck about what the fans are saying.

On the next survey they send out, instead of asking how they can "improve the match day experience" they should ask "would you prefer the team to play in a Coventry kit or a Manchester City kit?"

It's particularly important now that we are opening expansion teams, I assume NYCFC are going to play in sky blue. We need to make our colours easily identifiable all over the world and the club allowing the kit manufacturer to fuck around with our identity cheapens our brand.

You can stick your blue shorts up your japs eye.

Oh FFS NO!!!!
If you read my previous rants, you'll know how I feel about kit – it should always be sky blue shirt with white trim, white shorts and sky blue socks! Now sky blue shorts are not the end of the world – but with no white on the kit at all, then a definite no-no! If they go for all sky blue then it definitely needs white trim, otherwise we're Coventry in disguise!

dario2739 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Dunne's own goal said:
Yep. It has been presented to the players & it's all sky blue

FFS why do the club allow it to happen! Going off past threads on here, 90% want white to be included in our kit (for the shorts in particular) and the club / designers just don't give a flying fuck about what the fans are saying.

On the next survey they send out, instead of asking how they can "improve the match day experience" they should ask "would you prefer the team to play in a Coventry kit or a Manchester City kit?"

It's particularly important now that we are opening expansion teams, I assume NYCFC are going to play in sky blue. We need to make our colours easily identifiable all over the world and the club allowing the kit manufacturer to fuck around with our identity cheapens our brand.

Oh FFS NO!!!!
If you read my previous rants, you'll know how I feel about kit – it should always be sky blue shirt with white trim, white shorts and sky blue socks! Now sky blue shorts are not the end of the world – but with no white on the kit at all, then a definite no-no! If they go for all sky blue then it definitely needs white trim, otherwise we're Coventry in disguise!

Completely agree mate. We should always have sky blue shirts, white shorts and blue socks no matter what.

Can you imagine the Shite accepting red shorts and red socks? Never in a million fucking years, but because it's liddle ol City, do what the fuck you want.

If they want to fuck around with the colour of the trim, I can accept it as I know they have to keep it fresh and distinctive from the season before.

But the colour of the shirts, shorts and socks should be absolutely non-negotiable, they are our identity.

Fuck around with the design, but don't fuck around with our identity.

Shaelumstash said:
dario2739 said:
Shaelumstash said:

Oh FFS NO!!!!

Completely agree mate. We should always have sky blue shirts, white shorts and blue socks no matter what.

Can you imagine the Shite accepting red shorts and red socks? Never in a million fucking years, but because it's liddle ol City, do what the fuck you want.

If they want to fuck around with the colour of the trim, I can accept it as I know they have to keep it fresh and distinctive from the season before.

But the colour of the shirts, shorts and socks should be absolutely non-negotiable, they are our identity.

Hallelujah... somebody actually gets it!!!
I've been preaching the 'identity' thing for ages - it's amazing how many blues don't give a fuck!
Bang on about the Rags too... they'd no sooner have red shorts than the Dippers would have white shorts!
So what's the chant for next year "Pellegrini's sky blue and navy blue army"!?

Two truly awful efforts. I'm not quite so bothered about the away shirt but that home one is dreadful. Oh well I haven't had a City shirt now since the FA Cup win and I won't be bothering with either of those that's for sure.

Oh and put me down as a fan of the white shorts as well. I moaned like fuck on here when we switched to blue ones a couple of years ago and got a slating in certain directions so can't be bothered again but as has been rightly stated it's messing around with the identity of the club.

dario2739 said:
Shaelumstash said:
dario2739 said:
Oh FFS NO!!!!

Hallelujah... somebody actually gets it!!!
I've been preaching the 'identity' thing for ages - it's amazing how many blues don't give a fuck!
Bang on about the Rags too... they'd no sooner have red shorts than the Dippers would have white shorts!
So what's the chant for next year "Pellegrini's sky blue and navy blue army"!?

I can kind understand it when blues don't get it, but people at the club should know better. These are supposed to be international business and branding experts and yet they let the kit manufacturer fuck around with our identity year after year.

They've obviously got no respect for our history and traditions, and don't give a toss what the overwhelming majority of fans think on the matter. It's a shame because the club get 99% of things right, but on this issue they continually drop a bollock.

Would never happen at any other top European club.

And to thnk I hated the black collar on the last Umbro shirt... fucking thing of beauty compared to this shite! At least that kit had white shorts to balance out the black trim!
Fair play to Nike though for letting the work experience kid do our kit this season!

richards30 said:
They both look fucking horrible! Ah well, track top again this season

I buy quite a lot of club stuff, shirts, retro stuff, track tops, zip up hoodies etc. Last year all the Nike stuff with zips had the zipper on the other side. Don't know if this is standard for Nike or a a one season cockup although the England trackie top had it the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.