Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueForever123 said:
de6eryre.jpg

Is the one the left a womens top ?

KippaxCitizen said:
BlueForever123 said:
Jesus, they're really terrible!

The picture's not the greatest, but it's not looking good!
The away shirt is not that bad to be honest, the collar is the style I would have preferred for the home shirt – the Nike tick and Etihad being in yellow though looks just awful... really tacky. White or Sky blue would have looked much more stylish.
The home shirt is just very, very plain! I haven't seen any other Nike team with the same neck design... so that either means it's unique for us or it's one of their teamwear kits for pub teams and no other top team wears them!
It's gonna have to have white shorts and socks to balance up the horrible navy trim though – never really been a fan of navy trim on our shirts, white always looks classier and we look the business. The navy on this looks 'too much' with the sponsor and tick in navy too... crying out for white on their somewhere!

Dunne's own goal said:
wireblue said:
ChorltonCity said:
So no white at all on the kit then? How do you know this? Photo to back it up?

can't give you a pic I'm afraid but it is defo an all sky blue kit.

Yep. It has been presented to the players & it's all sky blue

FFS why do the club allow it to happen! Going off past threads on here, 90% want white to be included in our kit (for the shorts in particular) and the club / designers just don't give a flying fuck about what the fans are saying.

On the next survey they send out, instead of asking how they can "improve the match day experience" they should ask "would you prefer the team to play in a Coventry kit or a Manchester City kit?"

It's particularly important now that we are opening expansion teams, I assume NYCFC are going to play in sky blue. We need to make our colours easily identifiable all over the world and the club allowing the kit manufacturer to fuck around with our identity cheapens our brand.

You can stick your blue shorts up your japs eye.

baildon blue said:
IrelandSuperman said:
That 09-10 home shirt is perfection.

A damn shame I ruined mine with IRELAND 7 on the back. Well, I'll just keep telling myself it was a very Typical City thing for me to do. ;)
I had Tevez on the back of my 09-10 shirt . That was the signing that made me think where Billy big time .
I picked Ireland bc he'd just played a brilliant season and was a youth product of ours. Thought he'd go on to become a household name...

IrelandSuperman said:
baildon blue said:
IrelandSuperman said:
That 09-10 home shirt is perfection.

A damn shame I ruined mine with IRELAND 7 on the back. Well, I'll just keep telling myself it was a very Typical City thing for me to do. ;)
I had Tevez on the back of my 09-10 shirt . That was the signing that made me think where Billy big time .
I picked Ireland bc he'd just played a brilliant season and was a youth product of ours. Thought he'd go on to become a household name...

I felt the same hence Ireland on my 09-10. I was expecting him to become a world star, definitely wrong on that one.

The ONLY opinion that matters is SALES!

I might not like them, and you might not like them, but until SHIRT SALES are affected in a way that makes Nike take notice, NOTHING WILL CHANGE!

City already get paid for the Nike sponsorship, so I don't feel like I'm hurting City when I don't buy the latest crap shirt and choose to keep wearing my classic 2009/10 shirt, just Nike and Kitbag.

I'm happy to buy shirts I like and that feel like quality when I try them on.

My recent purchases have been the classic sky blue home shirt with round white collar, the retro one that is the same (with round badge!), the white third shirt with black and red diagonal stripes, black and grey striped third shirt and a Champions 12 shirt, which I have worn only once for my picture with the trophy, and which will (sooner or later) be hung behind glass with the picture of me in it with the trophy.

I have seen numerous QUALITY renditions of a modern, yet classic, City shirt on here, usually done by Zabbastuntdouble or GeekinGav. However, I absolutely HATE the cheap shield. If the badge itself was round, I could understand it being sewn on as a patch, but the shield has so much "dead space" that the sky blue shield looks terrible.

In the past few years, I have bought a few training tops (grey and sky blue), and a rain jacket for games, but even those have had EMBROIDERED BADGES on them. Unless we go back to an embroidered eagle badge OR a new "old style" round patch, it will be hard to justify shelling out $100 on a replica team shirt, let alone $150 on a "pro" version.

Disappointing, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.