new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grown men getting this upset about a kit they haven't actually seen in real life? Get a grip lads.

Horrible kits.

We should always have white shorts.

In the past when we played in all blue im the 70's it was because the FA decided teams couldn't wear the same colour shorts as their opponents.

What about an online petition and/or even a paper one for match days that could be presented to both the club and Nike. Even if it were just about the colours.
Whoever it was was absolutely right about never seeing utd in red shorts.

While it won't prevent me from sleeping at night, I agree that City's kits should always have at least an element of white in them. But this change to all sky/navy must be the result of a conscious new branding decision by the club. Sales of shorts and socks are so small as to be almost completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, which is why even the rags don't see any commercial benefit in making major changes to their shorts/socks every year.

Some of you make me laugh though, going off on mad indignant rants and then conceding that you and your kids will probably end up getting the new shirts anyway. If the people who are angriest about this change continue to buy the shirts every year then why should the club even begin listening to your opinions on the matter?

I'm glad our new kit looks horrendous. Saves me a fortune and I'm not tempted to hand over any of my hard-earned to Nike. Might go retro this season and break out the laser blue kit (if it still fits).

Kenny Clements Perm said:
blingy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Top drawer.

I love it. The melodrama. The indignation. The unabashed childishness. The absolute lack of self awareness.

Just like when you refused to renew your season ticket when your Italian hero got the bullet. You demanded answers of the board then, too, I remember, because it made me chortle. Not as much as this one, though, with its fawning united references.

Like the others I still think you're a United fan, rather than the daft blue you paint yourself to be, but part of me wishes you weren't, because you're fucking funny.

Carry on...

Bit harsh m8, maybe a personal problem best left to private messages rather then dilute a topic... Seems a genuine concerned blue to me but hay what do I know...

What's your opinion on the leaked kits DD??
And what about the rag rehash away kit we look to be getting ???

The kits are fine? You can't get a true reflection of what they will look like through the lens of a camera phone

They're better than le coc sportif

Plus, if you're really unhappy it might cheer you up to wear an old one

I don't wear football shirts mate, nothing against people that do but it's not my thing.

The reason I'm unhappy is because I see the identity and history of Manchester City as being blue and white. (Blue and White army, blue and white they go together...).

The fact white has been completely removed from the kit is not quite as bad as Cardiff changing from blue to red, but it's the same ball park. Would you suggest to their fans to simply carry on wearing the blue shirt if they didn't like the red?

This is about more than aesthetics, it's about history.

What about an online petition and/or even a paper one for match days that could be presented to both the club and Nike. Even if it were just about the colours.
Whoever it was was absolutely right about never seeing utd in red shorts.

We all knew that when Umbro were replaced by Nike as the kit manufacturer that the design elements of the kit would suffer. To Umbro we were one of their higher profile clubs, alongside the England national side, and as such we benefited from a close working relationship. Who can forget the home shirt with the "soundwave" across the front? Ok, so personally I felt it was gimmicky and didn't much like it, but Umbro actually spent time and effort thinking that one through, they came down to the stadium and recorded the noise of the fans singing, they design a shirt which was absolutely unique to Manchester City. To Nike we are just one (and a not particularly important one) of many clubs they provide kits for, we aren't a priority, and as such the time, effort and thought process that goes into our kits will be far, far less. These new kits could belong to anyone, they just happen to have some, but not all, of the colours on them that are associated with Manchester City. There's nothing unique about them, I can guarantee you that there will be other, probably quite a few, clubs out there that Nike make kits for, that have the exact same design, just with a different scheme. I guess when you're trying to maximise your revenue you have to put certain things to one side, it's just a shame as Umbro and Manchester City seemed perfectly suited, Nike seem more like the kind of company the likes of Manchester United would cozy up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.