new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
ManCityX said:
grim up north said:
ManCityX said:
Majority without a doubt.

Sad that some fans are ok with it. Identity is extremely important.

If United came out in all red with no white their fans would create uproar about it. Why? because it's not United.

All blue with no white isn't Manchester City and never has been.

I still guarantee the majority of replica kit wearing fans will buy it and will be seen in the stadium

I guarantee you nearly all of then won't be wearing the full kit. The shirt alone isn't that bad. It's the full package that makes it un-Manchester City like.
Not a fan, complete fail in both reflecting the history of the club, and our recent poor form wearing a similar kit 2012-13, it may be coincidence, but it matters!
That no consultation seems to be done by Nike is terrible, probably designed in the US, as a designer myself, the first thing you do is background research to find out as much as you can about your target audience, and how to connect the product to them , it's not rocket science,it's the simple ABC's of design,
I hope these are fakes, but if not I will be writing to City myself, and making sure our views are known about the kit, and I will redesign it from current nike templates from kits that seem to be going round, the Roma one for instance,,or the recent France kit, in simple, classic sky blue and white.

grim up north said:
Shaelumstash said:
grim up north said:
I still guarantee the majority of replica kit wearing fans will buy it and will be seen in the stadium

That's not really the point though.

The point is the majority won't agree with your point on the club listening to the fans by buying the kit

The majority will buy the kits (me included ) for there own personal reasons , but I guarantee that the majority are disappointed in what ther shelling out for (me included )

I really don't know which I'm disappointed with most the no white home kit or the rag lookalike away kit, which no one seems to mined... ( can't believe that's slipping under the radar tbh ) maybe the home. Kit is that bad no one is Noticing we are getting the rags colours for a way kit !!!!

Defo won't be buying the away, have to buy the home for my lad to keep up tradition but seriously hoping for a amazing 3rd for Xmas for him, and probably the keepers kit instead of the away

Shaelumstash said:
The following has been sent to the club, I urge other blues to do the same. As I said previously, Everton fans managed to effect change at their club, no reason why we can't.

mcfc@mcfc.co.uk

FAO: The MCFC Marketing Department.

To whom it may concern,

I would like to start by complimenting the club and your department over the last few years for engaging with the fans and listening to our views regarding the match day experience, stadium expansion, City Square, Etihad Campus, and general improvements throughout the club.

The regular questionnaires that you send out give the fans a voice, and while not everyone will share the same view, at least it gives the club an opportunity to hear the supporters opinion.

One area which I feel you have completely neglected to take the fan's view on board however, is the identity of the club.

As you point out on the website, you are the guardians of 130 years of history, and over those 130 years supporters have come to identify the club in a certain way. Firstly, the club is called Manchester City, secondly, it will always play within the boundaries of the City of Manchester, and thirdly, the team plays in blue and white.

So it is with great disappointment that I, and many other life long blues have today found out that next season the club will be playing without any white in the kit for the first time in our entire history.

I could never imagine Barcelona playing in an all blue kit. Or in an all red kit. Barcelona's identity is red and blue, so these two colours are always represented. Manchester City's identity is blue and white, yet next season we will play in all blue, with no white whatsoever. An identity that I, and many other supporters associate with Coventry City and not Manchester City.

Perhaps this was a decision made by Nike which the club had no say in? But if Nike proposed to change our name from Manchester City to something different, or demanded that the club move from it's home in Manchester to another city, would the club accept that?

I strongly urge you to send out a questionnaire to season ticket holders asking for fans view on this so that you can gauge the general opinion. Each supporter will have their own view of course, but given the choice, I would estimate less than 1% would choose to have no white included in the kit.

If less than 1% of fans were in favour of other changes at the club that you have proposed, would you go ahead with them?

From speaking with other City fans I know, and gauging reaction on fans forums, I would estimate the following:

100% of fans want us to wear sky blue shirts.

95% of supporters prefer us wearing white shorts.

There is a rather split view on the colour of socks, I would say roughly 45% prefer navy blue, 45% prefer sky blue, and 10% prefer white.

Given the question: Which colours should be represented in a Manchester City kit?
A. Blue and white B. Blue only. I would be stunned if more than 1% voted for B.

But please do not take my word for it, ask the fans.

I understand the need to change elements of the design of the kit each year for marketing purposes. But Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc have kit changes every year, but their core colours stay the same every season. Is Manchester City's identity not as important as those other clubs?

Could you imagine Manchester United playing in red shorts next season? If Nike suggested it, the club would instantly reject it, because they value the identity of the club. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have anyone that is mindful of this at Manchester City.

While I don't expect a reply, one would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Top drawer.

I love it. The melodrama. The indignation. The unabashed childishness. The absolute lack of self awareness.

Just like when you refused to renew your season ticket when your Italian hero got the bullet. You demanded answers of the board then, too, I remember, because it made me chortle. Not as much as this one, though, with its fawning united references.

Like the others I still think you're a United fan, rather than the daft blue you paint yourself to be, but part of me wishes you weren't, because you're fucking funny.

Carry on...

Bewar3them00n said:
ManCityX said:
grim up north said:

I guarantee you nearly all of then won't be wearing the full kit. The shirt alone isn't that bad. It's the full package that makes it un-Manchester City like.
Not a fan, complete fail in both reflecting the history of the club, and our recent poor form wearing a similar kit 2012-13, it may be coincidence, but it matters!
That no consultation seems to be done by Nike is terrible, probably designed in the US, as a designer myself, the first thing you do is background research to find out as much as you can about your target audience, and how to connect the product to them , it's not rocket science,it's the simple ABC's of design,
I hope these are fakes, but if not I will be writing to City myself, and making sure our views are known about the kit, and I will redesign it from current nike templates from kits that seem to be going round, the Roma one for instance,,or the recent France kit, in simple, classic sky blue and white.

I think you should write now mate. It's 100% all blue, no white whatsoever. I agree the Nike designer has fucked up, but so have the club for allowing it to happen. Again.

The feedback on here last time we had all blue was horrendous. As was when we had a black badge. As was when we had white socks. The club must have known fans were dead against these things by reading the comments on here, but they seemingly don't give a fuck.

If enough of us email them to let them know our thoughts there's a chance it might make a difference this time, just like Everton did.

grim up north said:
blingy said:
grim up north said:
I don't like blue shorts the blue or black trim doesn't bother me. I don't buy Nike or never will. The club chose Nike for a reason I'm not going to question that choice they seem to have got everything else right on that front. I'm not going to go into a hissy fit because I don't like the kit. I will bet that there will be more people in the ground wearing one of the new kits than not. I for one don't wear replica kit in the ground not my bag. I think that bluemoon is not the barometer for what the majority of City fans want either

I'm sure there will be the majority in the ground wearing one of these shirts, most probably I'll be one of them, and defo my son will be too,,,
Iv bought him a home kit since he was borne with his age on for his birthday. ( we do argue about this as he wants player and number) and he gets to choose what he wants on the away shirt ( I do this's coz I never had a up to date shirt when I was growing up due to financial reasons, (he will understand one day )

And I'm really not using b/moon as a barometer, I think of myself as a average manc, and I'm guessing and seeing that most in here are in agreement that these kits are gash... I'm guessing most in here are average everyday mancs too so you probably could take the opinion from here as a barometer , but it's is my personal opinion that thease kits are shite...

Personally I think you should wait to see it in the flesh before slitting your wrists, it was the same on here last season, when in fact it looked pretty good on the players on the pitch

I thought last seasons was a good effort...

Didsbury Dave said:
Shaelumstash said:
The following has been sent to the club, I urge other blues to do the same. As I said previously, Everton fans managed to effect change at their club, no reason why we can't.

mcfc@mcfc.co.uk

FAO: The MCFC Marketing Department.

To whom it may concern,

I would like to start by complimenting the club and your department over the last few years for engaging with the fans and listening to our views regarding the match day experience, stadium expansion, City Square, Etihad Campus, and general improvements throughout the club.

The regular questionnaires that you send out give the fans a voice, and while not everyone will share the same view, at least it gives the club an opportunity to hear the supporters opinion.

One area which I feel you have completely neglected to take the fan's view on board however, is the identity of the club.

As you point out on the website, you are the guardians of 130 years of history, and over those 130 years supporters have come to identify the club in a certain way. Firstly, the club is called Manchester City, secondly, it will always play within the boundaries of the City of Manchester, and thirdly, the team plays in blue and white.

So it is with great disappointment that I, and many other life long blues have today found out that next season the club will be playing without any white in the kit for the first time in our entire history.

I could never imagine Barcelona playing in an all blue kit. Or in an all red kit. Barcelona's identity is red and blue, so these two colours are always represented. Manchester City's identity is blue and white, yet next season we will play in all blue, with no white whatsoever. An identity that I, and many other supporters associate with Coventry City and not Manchester City.

Perhaps this was a decision made by Nike which the club had no say in? But if Nike proposed to change our name from Manchester City to something different, or demanded that the club move from it's home in Manchester to another city, would the club accept that?

I strongly urge you to send out a questionnaire to season ticket holders asking for fans view on this so that you can gauge the general opinion. Each supporter will have their own view of course, but given the choice, I would estimate less than 1% would choose to have no white included in the kit.

If less than 1% of fans were in favour of other changes at the club that you have proposed, would you go ahead with them?

From speaking with other City fans I know, and gauging reaction on fans forums, I would estimate the following:

100% of fans want us to wear sky blue shirts.

95% of supporters prefer us wearing white shorts.

There is a rather split view on the colour of socks, I would say roughly 45% prefer navy blue, 45% prefer sky blue, and 10% prefer white.

Given the question: Which colours should be represented in a Manchester City kit?
A. Blue and white B. Blue only. I would be stunned if more than 1% voted for B.

But please do not take my word for it, ask the fans.

I understand the need to change elements of the design of the kit each year for marketing purposes. But Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc have kit changes every year, but their core colours stay the same every season. Is Manchester City's identity not as important as those other clubs?

Could you imagine Manchester United playing in red shorts next season? If Nike suggested it, the club would instantly reject it, because they value the identity of the club. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have anyone that is mindful of this at Manchester City.

While I don't expect a reply, one would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Top drawer.

I love it. The melodrama. The indignation. The unabashed childishness. The absolute lack of self awareness.

Just like when you refused to renew your season ticket when your Italian hero got the bullet. You demanded answers of the board then, too, I remember, because it made me chortle. Not as much as this one, though, with its fawning united references.

Like the others I still think you're a United fan, rather than the daft blue you paint yourself to be, but part of me wishes you weren't, because you're fucking funny.

Carry on...

I was wondering how long it would take you to squeeze Mancini in this thread and you've done it in your first post. Congrats!

Maybe, just maybe they have done their research and the blue / black (or dark blue) combination is a winner in foreign climes?

Of course, us English fans might have a hard time with the lack of white, but we might not be the target audience for shirt sales.

In theor, it'd be nice if we could dictate every last aspect of our kit, but since we need the money to comply with FFP, we do have to bend on sponsor and kit manufacturer terms too.

Project said:
I like the kit. A lot. If it has navy socks it would be superb.

Really ???
Navy socks will be the only thing that makes it toriouble (sp) and that's only if the trimming is navy and not black as it looks... Anything else would be a travesty , white, sky,

sir peace frog said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
ypy6umu7.jpg

Sky blue shorts.
very smart

Relatively speaking, that is revolting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.